SullCrom CB --> Offer Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
lawapplicant21

New

SullCrom CB --> Offer

Post by lawapplicant21 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:55 pm

I heard that SullCrom used to give offers on the spot but that they have stopped doing this. Has anyone received an offer on the spot? I interviewed with them last week and have not heard back. Should I give up hope?

Anonymous User

Re: SullCrom CB --> Offer

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:15 pm

When last week? If Friday, I'd probably not freak out until tomorrow morning (because of the long weekend). If Tuesday, like I did, yeah... I'd give up hope (and I have). Also, I haven't heard of on the spot offers this year, but I've heard of offers within 24 hours (and, actually, that seems to be the new standard). Anyways, so much for their 90% CB -> offer rate. (I know someone else who hasn't heard back from last week.) Or maybe it's just too late in the game for that...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:21 pm

Yes, sadly, if you didn't hear back after 24 hours, it's probably a ding

jbagelboy

Diamond

Post by jbagelboy » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:16 pm

So that meme that S&C offers everyone they callback is dead and gone?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:21 pm

Yeah, I heard back within 24 hours. I do know people who didn't get offers after the CB, so I do think the meme is dead. Maybe they just deviously started calling back more people with lower grades and auto-dinging them regardless of interview quality to create the perception that they've started screening for personality.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:22 pm

At my T20 there were 5 offers but I know of at least 6 CBs, FWIW

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:22 pm

S&C offered everyone they CB'd at my t14 this year, still.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:34 am

Does anyone know who to send the NALP reimbursement form for S&C to?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:30 pm

1st anon: I just got my snail mail ding (dated 2 days after my CB). I guess I should be relieved I'm not a "shoulder bag person." :lol: In all seriousness, though, I'm glad I got closure and relieved I won't have to choose between S&C and my top choice coming into OCI--S&C is really good at recruiting; I loved everyone I met (well, almost everyone... see next sentence), and it climbed way up on my list during and after OCI. FWIW, the only person I didn't love was the hiring partner, but I guess he knew they were going to ding me so he didn't have to try. During our short conversation, he seemed distracted and kept scribbling (presumably in what was my file). Also, after meeting this partner, I was supposed to meet with a recruiter and my screener. I guess they got the memo that I would not be offered, so they never showed up (and no one told me something like, "Your screener is in a meeting." which they told to another candidate or two while we waited). Anyways, good luck to everyone still waiting!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”