Pending Offer and Mass Mailing Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Pending Offer and Mass Mailing

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:12 pm

So I currently have a pending offer in NYC, but I really want to be in DC. Is it recommended to send follow up emails to firms I've mass mailed saying I've received an offer but I am still interested in meeting with their firm? Alternatively, is it recommended to send an email to firms I haven't emailed before expressing my interest, though I have a pending offer?

Anonymous User

Re: Pending Offer and Mass Mailing

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:55 pm

When you say pending, do you mean you've received the offer? If so and you haven't heard from firms with which you've done cbs, I think it's appropriate to reach out 1.5-2 weeks after cb to let them know that your NALP clock is ticking but you're still interested. As far as firms you haven't reached out to at all yet, you have nothing to lose by mass mailing. I would definitely leave out that you've received another offer, because there's not much to gain by including it (and it may cut against you).

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”