Top DC or NY firm for litigation? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Which city?

NY
17%
DC
83%

Total votes: 6

Anonymous User

Top DC or NY firm for litigation?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:08 pm

Any thoughts on how to choose between a top DC firm (A&P, Wilmer, etc.) and a top NY firm (DPW, STB, S&C) for litigation? I would like to do government/DOJ stuff down the road, but I'd prefer it to be in an USAO, and I'll be clerking in SDNY after graduation. I'm pretty broadly interested in litigation, so I'd ideally like to go to a place that would give me broad exposure to different types of work. Essentially I'm looking for opinions on whether one market has an advantage for substantive work and AUSA exit options. I also hear that the hours at DC firms are a bit better, so maybe the "quality of life" is marginally better in DC? All else equal I have more ties to NY so I'd probably choose to go there, but I also have ties to DC and like the city.

Thanks!

Return to “Legal Employment”