Cravath Horror Stories Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Cravath Horror Stories

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:27 am

I've seen multiple threads about s&c's horrible partners/psychopaths and skadden's 24/7 frat parties, but I haven't seen much on here about Cravath's overall culture. Looked through 35 pages before giving up.

Have an offer from them, had a great time at my CB and thought everyone I met was great. I'm not looking for accounts on how terrible the hours are at the firm. Is there anything particular about CSM (and not NYC big law generally) that anybody would like to share? Specifying sources would be helpful.

Anonymous User

Re: Cravath Horror Stories

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:54 am

Just accept the offer.

papercut

Silver

Post by papercut » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:38 am

You should specify if you're lit or corp.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:48 am

Here a discussion on horror stories at Cravath:

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... p?t=216525

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:50 am

Corp

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:04 am

M&A will be rougher than most groups in terms of overall stress levels, hours worked, and (lack of) respect for your personal time. I don't think there are material differences in terms of suckiness between the top NYC practices, however.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:06 am

I wouldn't go to Cravath. More work, same pay, similar reputation to the other big firms.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:09 am

Anonymous User wrote:I wouldn't go to Cravath. More work, same pay, similar reputation to the other big firms.
Cravath for lit, if you're set on NYC biglaw lit. Though I'd prefer MTO, Susman, etc. for lit. S&C for corp. Wachtell for pay.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:19 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I wouldn't go to Cravath. More work, same pay, similar reputation to the other big firms.
Cravath for lit, if you're set on NYC biglaw lit. Though I'd prefer MTO, Susman, etc. for lit. S&C for corp. Wachtell for pay.
CSM does not offer a materially superior experience or QOL for litigation than Davis Polk or Paul Weiss , on average. And I think if you want public M&A, going to cravath makes a lot of sense over other V10s. It's also way more about fit than work at this level of excellence (except for Wachtell and Boies and that above market comp, of course).

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:42 pm

Any corp partners to avoid to the extent one can? (I believe incoming associates submit preferences as to which rotation/group of partners they'd like to work with.)

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any corp partners to avoid to the extent one can? (I believe incoming associates submit preferences as to which rotation/group of partners they'd like to work with.)
Nobody is going to write their names on a public message board, even if anonymously. You will immediately find out after your first summer though for what it's worth.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”