Pepper Hamilton No-Offers this summer: 2Ls going through OCI, please beware Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Pepper Hamilton No-Offers this summer: 2Ls going through OCI, please beware

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:56 pm

Pepper Hamilton summers, please chime in if you were no-offered. There are at least a few of us.

2Ls going through OCI, please beware. They swore up and down that we'd all have offers, and...even though people received glowing reviews, that seems not to be the case.

bearsfan23

Gold

Re: Pepper Hamilton No-Offers this summer: 2Ls going through OCI, please beware

Post by bearsfan23 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:59 pm

Sorry to hear that OP, that really sucks.

Did they give you (or any of the other no offers) any reason for why?

OutoftheWoods

Bronze

Post by OutoftheWoods » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:08 pm

Wow, that is insane. I didn't get an offer post-CB, but maybe I should count my blessings now. Everyone seemed so nice too...and they said they wanted to increase their class size, of all things. Seems like something financially is up with them. So sorry OP.

TLSModBot

Diamond

Post by TLSModBot » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:05 pm

Also just generally beware of Pepper. Knew someone there. Life was hell until he lateraled. Partner was the literal devil - would yell/scream at him for discovery errors that occurred before this guy was even a lawyer, much less the one potentially fucking up.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:09 pm

Capitol_Idea wrote:Also just generally beware of Pepper. Knew someone there. Life was hell until he lateraled. Partner was the literal devil - would yell/scream at him for discovery errors that occurred before this guy was even a lawyer, much less the one potentially fucking up.
These types are the worst, who yell and scream over the trivial shit. Its one thing to get upset and have a teaching moment, but to just huff and puff is so counterproductive, and does nothing to help ensure that the associate performs better next time.

As part of some silly discovery motion, I once summarized a case cited by the other side, but had missed a detail in my summary that we could have noted in our motion. Instead of having a chat to discuss, the partner instead emails telling me "re-read the case you summarized and tell me the fact you missed that could have helped us in drafting our motion. then come to my office and tell me what it is"

Those kinds of games are unprofessional and counterproductive.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:18 pm

Grateful for my post-screener ding. Funny though, in my interview I asked what an SA could do to distinguish themselves (get an offer) (bullshitting cause I ran out of questions, probably part of the reason for the ding) & my interviewer said "we always give offers to the whole class as long as they are smart and aren't jerks." Not in any way insinuating non-offer is any SA's fault, definitely just asshole moves on Pepper's behalf, but figured the story was relevant since she likely knew that this was happening

geraffe

New

Post by geraffe » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:09 pm

Wow, that really does suck. Suddenly much more grateful for my post-screener ding, too. Good luck OP.

PrideandGlory1776

Bronze

Post by PrideandGlory1776 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:12 pm

According to Chambers 2016 - 23 2015 summers 18 offers 16 acceptances.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:39 pm

According to Chambers 2016 - 23 2015 summers 18 offers 16 acceptances
This is interesting. It's exactly the correct number of summers (23). There were only 18 people who were C/O 2016 (so 2Ls). But, for instance, I summered there and haven't heard whether I got an offer. So...unclear what's going on.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:43 pm

Funny though, in my interview I asked what an SA could do to distinguish themselves (get an offer) (bullshitting cause I ran out of questions, probably part of the reason for the ding) & my interviewer said "we always give offers to the whole class as long as they are smart and aren't jerks."
Yeah, not the OP, but they definitely told us this at training. This is really crap. They told us all summer that we were fine.

wiz

Diamond

Post by wiz » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
According to Chambers 2016 - 23 2015 summers 18 offers 16 acceptances
This is interesting. It's exactly the correct number of summers (23). There were only 18 people who were C/O 2016 (so 2Ls). But, for instance, I summered there and haven't heard whether I got an offer. So...unclear what's going on.
Looks like the 18 offers, 16 acceptances is from 2014: http://www.chambers-associate.com/true- ... rm-profile

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:42 pm

OP, can I ask if you were in the Philly office?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:35 pm

If it makes you feel better, I turned down an offer from Pepper Hamilton because of this thread.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”