Chicago associates: Where to live? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
trebekismyhero

Silver

Re: Chicago associates: Where to live?

Post by trebekismyhero » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:52 pm

Not sure, but there's a nice twitter handle chicago_scanner that reports every shooting in the city. Which there are basically none in any of the neighborhoods that we have discussed.

OfThriceandTen

Bronze

Post by OfThriceandTen » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:53 pm

trebekismyhero wrote:Interesting, I have lived there before and have friends that still live in Logan and never felt unsafe.
Logan Sq is also way way bigger in terms of area than the other 2 neighborhoods. I'm guessing though the parts that biglawyers want to live in are typically priced on par with the areas biglawyers want to live in in the other blue line neighborhoods.

UnicornHunter

Diamond

Post by UnicornHunter » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:56 pm

Desert Fox wrote:Does the Redeye still do a murder map?
There's this from the Sun Times: http://homicides.suntimes.com/homicides/map/2015/

It makes me feel better, I went to the Wal-mart neighborhood mart at S Ashland and 47th the other day. Map confirms that I had real reasons to be somewhat on-edge.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”