LA OCI 2015 Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: LA OCI 2015

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
KM2016 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Rumor has it they make their associates work in cubicles. It doesn't seem worth it, unless its your only offer.
Either blatant troll or you're completely misinformed. False.

Source: PH LA cb this season
You're actually the misinformed one. PH LA was the first to introduce shared offices in LA, and following their NY office, LA will be moving to cubicles shortly.

http://abovethelaw.com/2015/08/more-bad ... ssociates/
This article mentions nothing about the LA office moving to cubicles. How do you know LA will be moving to cubicles shortly?
I thought this was just for the NYC office? Has this been confirmed for the LA office?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:25 pm

Also, aren't Paul Hastings (and Sidley for that matter) expecting significantly larger classes than in previous years? I'd be worried about the higher chance of no offers, especially with Paul Hastings.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Also, aren't Paul Hastings (and Sidley for that matter) expecting significantly larger classes than in previous years? I'd be worried about the higher chance of no offers, especially with Paul Hastings.
Last I heard was that PH was looking to take on one or two more for the upcoming SA class. I don't think this qualifies as a significantly larger summer class. I don't know if your chances at getting no-offered is higher at PH than at Sidley, but based on NALP both were 100% last year. PH was 100% this year too.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:16 pm

I heard PH was taking more than 13 this year...

goden

Gold

Post by goden » Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:18 pm

SOURCE? PH LA CB this season or gtfo

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Also, aren't Paul Hastings (and Sidley for that matter) expecting significantly larger classes than in previous years? I'd be worried about the higher chance of no offers, especially with Paul Hastings.
Last I heard was that PH was looking to take on one or two more for the upcoming SA class. I don't think this qualifies as a significantly larger summer class. I don't know if your chances at getting no-offered is higher at PH than at Sidley, but based on NALP both were 100% last year. PH was 100% this year too.
Why do people have so much hate for PH?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Curious about this as well. About to make my choice and PH is one of the three firms I'm considering

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Curious about this as well. About to make my choice and PH is one of the three firms I'm considering
I suspect its a combination of the fact that PH was a first mover when it comes to cost cutting measures that impacts first and second year associates (in NY at least) and because it tops the associate satisfaction lists. This probably attracts the cynics and mega-posters of TLS.

Otherwise, I think PH is like any other big law firm. Your experience will differ depending on which office, practice group, and partner you end up with. If you have questions about the LA office in particular, I can answer what I can via PM.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
I suspect its a combination of the fact that PH was a first mover when it comes to cost cutting measures that impacts first and second year associates (in NY at least) and because it tops the associate satisfaction lists. This probably attracts the cynics and mega-posters of TLS.

Otherwise, I think PH is like any other big law firm. Your experience will differ depending on which office, practice group, and partner you end up with. If you have questions about the LA office in particular, I can answer what I can via PM.
Your post was anonymous.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ward8

New

Post by ward8 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Your post was anonymous.
Anon from above.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:07 pm

Post CB Ballard ding

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:35 pm

No good news after the holiday weekend?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:10 pm

Looks like we're officially in "ding" season

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:10 pm

Looks like we're officially in "ding" season

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:24 pm

There is one firm that, for the last several years, has taken 2 summers from my school. This year, they have made 1 offer and had 4 CBs. Do you think they are just waiting on their class to decide if they are opening a second spot to our school...did we all severely blow our CBs? I'm worried cuz it's my first choice.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:42 pm

Guh. Phone's not ringing. Snail mail must be dinging.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:37 pm

How many PH LA offers are out?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:23 am

Any update on the folks waiting on Hogan?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any update on the folks waiting on Hogan?
Nothing on my end, wondering the same

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Do you think we're on a ding-list or a WL? I haven't heard of anyone being rejected yet...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:14 pm

Which firms send dings by snail mail, and which by email? And which don't send anything at all?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:23 pm

I'm pretty sure DLA Piper doesn't send anything at all.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:56 pm

Dings by snail mail (so far):
Baker
Gibson Dunn

Dings by email:
K&E
Skadden
Fox Rothschild
BBK

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Do you think we're on a ding-list or a WL? I haven't heard of anyone being rejected yet...
I have no idea, I've heard of offers for other offices, but nada for LA. I didn't think to ask what the timeline would be like for hearing back, did you or anyone else?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
I have no idea, I've heard of offers for other offices, but nada for LA. I didn't think to ask what the timeline would be like for hearing back, did you or anyone else?
They said they make decisions within 2 weeks from the CB date but I'm not sure if the delay is because there are people sitting on offers, or if the office move has had an effect on meeting times, or both.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”