biglaw lateraling advice? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

biglaw lateraling advice?

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:29 pm

I work as a first year in a niche practice area at a V100 firm in a major market. The firm is not well regarded in this practice area and work is very slow for a while, but otherwise I like the group and firm as a whole. Hours have been pretty good, due to the low volume of work. Main issue is work is really slow and not building experience.

There are opportunities at other firms that are much bigger players in the same market for same practice area. Am concerned with leaving an otherwise ok group so early with no major complaints other than lack of work. On the other hand, I'm concerned with current job security due to low billables.

Did not dip into the lateraling process at all at this point, just aware of possible options.

Thoughts?

Return to “Legal Employment”