Silicon Valley/Bay Area Bidlist feedback requested Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Silicon Valley/Bay Area Bidlist feedback requested

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:45 pm

Feedback would be much appreciated! (I apologize in advance for multiple postings on various threads-- I just wanted to ensure I get some feedback).

1) BACKGROUND: 4Hs (HLS) V5 internship 1L in CA. Graduate degree from Harvard in social sciences. Ties to socal, weak ties to nocal. I'm kicking myself for missing the bay area diversity fair, but I had some other commitment (would this put me really behind)?

2) BID LIST REASONING: Targeting Silicon Valley (SV)/SF firms b/c of big interest in emerging companies/technologies work.
Main factors include (1) % of bid-to-interview; (2) number of emerging companies partners and leverage; (3) compilation of culture rankings. SV unless otherwise noted. I'm not bidding on too many firms b/c I would be happy at my 1L firm's SV location.

3) BID LIST (from highest rank to lowest rank)

Cooley (highest rank on bidlist)
Fenwick
WSGR
Pillsbury
Perkins
Gunderson
DLA Piper
WSGR SF
Latham
Goodwin
Orrick
Orrick SF
Wilmerhale
Sidley
Gibson
GDC
MOFO SF
MOFO PA
O'Melveny

michael2015

New

Re: Silicon Valley/Bay Area Bidlist feedback requested

Post by michael2015 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:48 pm

This is dumb. You already posted in the*(edit) HLS EIP thread.

Are you a special enough snowflake to need a separate thread so non-HLS people can consider your bid list?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote: I'm kicking myself for missing the bay area diversity fair, but I had some other commitment (would this put me really behind)?
You really should have done BADCF all the firms you're bidding on now will be there this weekend. You could have bid them all and then freed a good amount of your HLS bidlist and bid NY or whatever other market you're interested in.

I would lower pillsbury, remove WSGR SF and bid Latham higher. I would also just pick one of Orrick, Mofo, and Gibson.
michael2015 wrote: Are you a special enough snowflake to need a separate thread so non-HLS people can consider your bid list?
:lol: HLS students are the worst

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote: I'm kicking myself for missing the bay area diversity fair, but I had some other commitment (would this put me really behind)?
You really should have done BADCF all the firms you're bidding on now will be there this weekend. You could have bid them all and then freed a good amount of your HLS bidlist and bid NY or whatever other market you're interested in.

I would lower pillsbury, remove WSGR SF and bid Latham higher. I would also just pick one of Orrick, Mofo, and Gibson.
michael2015 wrote: Are you a special enough snowflake to need a separate thread so non-HLS people can consider your bid list?
:lol: HLS students are the worst
1) Can you say more about why you'd lower Pillsbury and bid Latham higher?

2) Can you say more about why you'd pick just one of Orrick, MOFO, and Gibson?

3) Haha, thanks so much. Yes, I really regret not doing BACDF, but no point worrying about that now. And apologies for posting twice -- bid list is due soon and I'm very worried about my chances.

michael2015

New

Post by michael2015 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote: And apologies for posting twice -- bid list is due soon and I'm very worried about my chances.
Says the 5H, HLS, V5 CA 1L position student.

I wouldn't be worried unless you had IBS, Tourettes, and decided that OCI was the right time to stop showering.

Substantive: I'd probably throw Mofo and Orrick hire for your desired areas of work and drop Perkins way down (small offices in SF/PA).

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:59 pm

michael2015 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote: And apologies for posting twice -- bid list is due soon and I'm very worried about my chances.
Says the 5H, HLS, V5 CA 1L position student.

I wouldn't be worried unless you had IBS, Tourettes, and decided that OCI was the right time to stop showering.

Substantive: I'd probably throw Mofo and Orrick hire for your desired areas of work and drop Perkins way down (small offices in SF/PA).
haha thanks for putting things in perspective. Just seeing these OCI statistics for HLS, and they're pretty abysmal.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”