Address on Resume

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
pd_1023

New

Address on Resume

Postby pd_1023 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:17 pm

I'm transferring to a new city and sending out resumes for firms in the new city. I have a lease beginning in the middle of August, so haven't moved yet. Ideally, I assume I should use the new city address on my resume.

Is it safe to put an not-yet active, but upcoming, address on my resume -- would a firm ever contact me via snail mail?

Babum

Bronze

Re: Address on Resume

Postby Babum » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:48 pm

I'm in the same position. I've only ever heard of rejections being mailed, so I guess you would only be missing the rejection letters .

foregetaboutdre

Bronze

Postby foregetaboutdre » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:08 pm

Sorry for a thread hijack, but in my experience (with past employment) if you're looking for a job in an area that your parents live I have been suggested to use their address by recruiters. (e.g. If someone goes to school in Chi and are looking for work in FL and there parents live there to use their address). Is this kosher in the more ties-driven LS world?

ManoftheHour

Gold

Postby ManoftheHour » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:16 pm

foregetaboutdre wrote:Sorry for a thread hijack, but in my experience (with past employment) if you're looking for a job in an area that your parents live I have been suggested to use their address by recruiters. (e.g. If someone goes to school in Chi and are looking for work in FL and there parents live there to use their address). Is this kosher in the more ties-driven LS world?

I was wondering this too...

wiz

Diamond

Postby wiz » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:20 pm

foregetaboutdre wrote:Sorry for a thread hijack, but in my experience (with past employment) if you're looking for a job in an area that your parents live I have been suggested to use their address by recruiters. (e.g. If someone goes to school in Chi and are looking for work in FL and there parents live there to use their address). Is this kosher in the more ties-driven LS world?

Yes, it's fine, and you should do it to demonstrate ties.

foregetaboutdre

Bronze

Postby foregetaboutdre » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:32 pm

wiz wrote:

Yes, it's fine, and you should do it to demonstrate ties.

danke

Devlin

Silver

Postby Devlin » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:59 pm

The only reason a firm would contact you this early in the game is to reject you. Sounds like you will be moved in by the time you get an interview.

Only time I received correspondence via snail mail was rejection (I kept the mail man busy for 2L/3L year).

BVest

Platinum

www.top-law-schools.com

Postby BVest » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:26 pm

Return to “Legal Employment�