Media/First Amendment Law Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Media/First Amendment Law

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:13 pm

As someone interested in Media/First Amendment Law, but without much depth of knowledge about the particular industry, I'm trying to gather some information about the practice and was hoping TLS could provide some help.

Right now, I'm aiming to apply for 2L summer associate positions at firms that practice Media/First Amendment Law. I've consulted Chambers, NALP, and other typical sources and put together a list of about 20 firms that include the practice on their website and have something legitimate to show they actually practice it. But, does anyone have recommendations for particular firms to apply to, other sources to look at for building my list, or even insight into other non-firm avenues into practicing Media/First Amendment Law that I may be unaware of and should consider?

For background: I'm top 5% at a school in the 15-30 range and have some prior journalism experience.

Thank you.

Anonymous User

Re: Media/First Amendment Law

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:59 pm

Levine Sullivan Koch & Schulz is a relatively small firm in DC that primarily does this sort of work. They work with a lot of major news organizations, and a classmate who is currently summering there is enjoying it. It's not easy getting hired for a SA or full time position, but the journalism background is helpful (the classmate also had a journalism background it helped get his foot in the door).
http://www.lskslaw.com/

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:47 pm

Thank you for the reply, it's much appreciated. Have added it to the list.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:05 pm

Cahill.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:32 am

To the second poster: Any chance I could get in touch with you as I look to get more information on Levine Sullivan?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”