3L OCI Latham Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

3L OCI Latham

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:23 pm

Just a couple questions re: Latham's 3L hiring that I haven't been able to find answered elsewhere.

1) Has anyone here been hired by Latham (especially LA/OC) through 3L OCI? (can redact location for anonymity)

2) If so, what were the circumstances? I.e., school, GPA, 2L SA offer/no offer. (can redact certain specifics for anonymity)

3) Also, deadline for submitting apps to 3L OCI is pretty early (before 2L SA ends), so it looks like I would have to apply before receiving an offer. Is this common?

Thanks.

phildunphy

New

Re: 3L OCI Latham

Post by phildunphy » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:06 pm

Not at all helpful to you, but have a 3L OCI Latham question of my own that I may as well post here.

Currently 2L SA in X market and want to switch to NYC. Got a 2L SA offer from Latham in X market but declined it. Should I now apply to Latham NYC through OCI, reach out to NY recruiters and tell them this sob story, or reach out to Latham X recruiters and get their advice?

OutoftheWoods

Bronze

Post by OutoftheWoods » Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:54 pm

I'm at USC/UCLA and haven't heard of anyone hired by Latham at 3LOLCI, although they do have a few slots here. Not sure if you at USC/UCLA, but if you are, I'd say it's really unlikely since if anything they're gonna take 3ls that have an SA offer and go to like HYS. They have a ton of kids from USC/UCLA already and probably don't need more.

To the person directly above me, I'm assuming you realize you've made a bad mistake (if not, you had a much better chance of Latham NY by summering with them in a different market). I would reach directly to Latham NY. I don't see why that other latham office would help you. If anything CC them on the email to NY so they can see it.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:00 am

Latham does do some 3L hiring, but usually is targeted by office and practice area, depending on need each year. Some offices know right away that they'll need a bigger class, so in August they are doing 3L interviews. Some might not know until Sept/October that their expected class needs more people.

Also you should just reach out directly to NYC Latham instead of the market you messed up in. Not sure that gives you an extra boost.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:46 pm

bump on LA/OC question

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”