Georgetown - EIW 2015

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Targeted Practice Area?

Litigation
38
54%
Transactional
32
46%
 
Total votes: 70

User avatar
BmoreOrLess
Posts: 2082
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:15 pm

Re: Georgetown - EIW 2015

Postby BmoreOrLess » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:No but seriously I can't find the results how are people finding them?!?


The results link on the competition page? You need your exam number and shit.

User avatar
inchipwetrust
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:20 pm

Re: Georgetown - EIW 2015

Postby inchipwetrust » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:48 pm

Just checked mine & have no results available at this time…since those who have results are those who made a journal, my gut feeling tells me that no results available at this time is code for you didn't make one

awoodard
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:55 pm

Re: Georgetown - EIW 2015

Postby awoodard » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:55 pm

inchipwetrust wrote:Just checked mine & have no results available at this time…since those who have results are those who made a journal, my gut feeling tells me that no results available at this time is code for you didn't make one


If you're a transfer, you probably just don't have results yet. I recall from past EIW threads that transfers got journal results a few days later.

If you're a returning student, someone earlier ITT posted that they were "dinged from all journals" or something to that effect, so maybe they will come back here and can shed light on whether there's an affirmative ding or what.

User avatar
inchipwetrust
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:20 pm

Re: Georgetown - EIW 2015

Postby inchipwetrust » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:59 pm

awoodard wrote:If you're a transfer, you probably just don't have results yet.


I am, and that is great news. Appreciate your feedback.

User avatar
pd_1023
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:44 pm

Re: Georgetown - EIW 2015

Postby pd_1023 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:13 pm

inchipwetrust wrote:
awoodard wrote:If you're a transfer, you probably just don't have results yet.


I am, and that is great news. Appreciate your feedback.


Same. I'll be refreshing nonstop.

User avatar
Glasseyes
Posts: 507
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:19 pm

Re: Georgetown - EIW 2015

Postby Glasseyes » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:No but seriously I can't find the results how are people finding them?!?


You should have received an email from the Write On email address that has instructions, but what the hell.

First, go to the write-on competition page (presumably this only works if you actually competed in the write-on competition, so there's that), click the "enter competition" button (the same as you did to enter the competition every other time), then click one of the several links that says "results" (there's a theme here). It will prompt you to enter your exam number and packet number, so dig out the email where they sent that stuff over (the exam number is the same as it was for finals, fwiw). If you can't find the write-on page, just google "GULC WRITE ON".

User avatar
EzraFitz
Posts: 567
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:42 am

Re: Georgetown - EIW 2015

Postby EzraFitz » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:14 pm

Glasseyes wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:No but seriously I can't find the results how are people finding them?!?


You should have received an email from the Write On email address that has instructions, but what the hell.

First, go to the write-on competition page (presumably this only works if you actually competed in the write-on competition, so there's that), click the "enter competition" button (the same as you did to enter the competition every other time), then click one of the several links that says "results" (there's a theme here). It will prompt you to enter your exam number and packet number, so dig out the email where they sent that stuff over (the exam number is the same as it was for finals, fwiw). If you can't find the write-on page, just google "GULC WRITE ON".

Always google "GULC WRITE ON" because it's just easier IMO haha.

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: Georgetown - EIW 2015

Postby chuckbass » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:17 pm

EzraFitz wrote:
Glasseyes wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:No but seriously I can't find the results how are people finding them?!?


You should have received an email from the Write On email address that has instructions, but what the hell.

First, go to the write-on competition page (presumably this only works if you actually competed in the write-on competition, so there's that), click the "enter competition" button (the same as you did to enter the competition every other time), then click one of the several links that says "results" (there's a theme here). It will prompt you to enter your exam number and packet number, so dig out the email where they sent that stuff over (the exam number is the same as it was for finals, fwiw). If you can't find the write-on page, just google "GULC WRITE ON".

Always google "GULC WRITE ON" because it's just easier IMO haha.

Aww look at you guys being so nice and helpful with the transfers 8)

User avatar
BmoreOrLess
Posts: 2082
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:15 pm

Re: Georgetown - EIW 2015

Postby BmoreOrLess » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:54 am

chuckbass wrote:
EzraFitz wrote:
Glasseyes wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:No but seriously I can't find the results how are people finding them?!?


You should have received an email from the Write On email address that has instructions, but what the hell.

First, go to the write-on competition page (presumably this only works if you actually competed in the write-on competition, so there's that), click the "enter competition" button (the same as you did to enter the competition every other time), then click one of the several links that says "results" (there's a theme here). It will prompt you to enter your exam number and packet number, so dig out the email where they sent that stuff over (the exam number is the same as it was for finals, fwiw). If you can't find the write-on page, just google "GULC WRITE ON".

Always google "GULC WRITE ON" because it's just easier IMO haha.

Aww look at you guys being so nice and helpful with the transfers 8)


I'm only nice to you because I know you won't be takin any of ARE JOBS.

User avatar
EzraFitz
Posts: 567
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:42 am

Re: Georgetown - EIW 2015

Postby EzraFitz » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:15 am

BmoreOrLess wrote:
chuckbass wrote:
EzraFitz wrote:
Glasseyes wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:No but seriously I can't find the results how are people finding them?!?


You should have received an email from the Write On email address that has instructions, but what the hell.

First, go to the write-on competition page (presumably this only works if you actually competed in the write-on competition, so there's that), click the "enter competition" button (the same as you did to enter the competition every other time), then click one of the several links that says "results" (there's a theme here). It will prompt you to enter your exam number and packet number, so dig out the email where they sent that stuff over (the exam number is the same as it was for finals, fwiw). If you can't find the write-on page, just google "GULC WRITE ON".

Always google "GULC WRITE ON" because it's just easier IMO haha.

Aww look at you guys being so nice and helpful with the transfers 8)


I'm only nice to you because I know you won't be takin any of ARE JOBS.

Our*. And I'm nice because the transfers I know in person are awesome people.

User avatar
PourMeTea
Posts: 6508
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:32 am

Re: Georgetown - EIW 2015

Postby PourMeTea » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:26 am

EzraFitz wrote:Our*. And I'm nice because the transfers I know in person are awesome people.

whoosh :)

GULCPerson
Posts: 115
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:36 pm

Re: Georgetown - EIW 2015

Postby GULCPerson » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:52 am

Capitol_Idea wrote:
BmoreOrLess wrote:Zach, any idea how bad the time commitment for the tax lawyer is?

I was Ethics, so I don't know for sure how Tax Lawyer compares workwise but as far as secondary journals go, Tax Lawyer is seen as being a good one (again: not so much that firms care for hiring purposes). I don't think you have to write a note for Tax Lawyer, where you do for Ethics. I also imagine the bluebooking/source collect would be a little more onerous if it's tax-related stuff as opposed to just hunting down regular books and articles, but that's just speculation on my part.

I had at least one friend do Tax Lawyer journal and she didn't seem to mind it. Honestly the only people who seem to complain seriously about journal work is Main Journal.


Tax is near-zero work. Highly recommend. In my last semester, I think I spent maybe 5 hours the entire semester on our cite-checking assignments. My last assignment required me to check exactly two footnotes. No office hours required.

You do have to write a note sometime during either 2L or 3L, but if you don't care about publication, lots of people will just bang out some really sub-par writing in 4 days or so and call it good. Also, if you're planning on taking a tax seminar and you plan it right, your note can be the paper for your writing class.

Also, I think I was asked maybe once in an interview if I wanted to do tax because of TTL. I said no. Conversation moved on.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273179
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown - EIW 2015

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:28 am

Any idea what time interview lists are being released?

User avatar
EzraFitz
Posts: 567
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:42 am

Re: Georgetown - EIW 2015

Postby EzraFitz » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:53 am

Anonymous User wrote:Any idea what time interview lists are being released?

Cancellation begins at noon, so probably at least before then.

User avatar
EzraFitz
Posts: 567
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:42 am

Re: Georgetown - EIW 2015

Postby EzraFitz » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:07 am

Double post, but they're up!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273179
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown - EIW 2015

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:18 am

What's the best way to contact firms you bid but didn't get? Shoot an email to recruiter?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273179
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown - EIW 2015

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:22 am

How many interviews is normal again? IP people aside...

Anonymous User
Posts: 273179
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown - EIW 2015

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:24 am

I got 12, I wish we knew which were preselects, if any. I am an incoming transfer my top 15 bids were entirely to my target market which is secondary but still large market. How many did others get? Also, whats the distinction between different schedules, i.e., Schedule 1, Schedule 4 etc.?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273179
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown - EIW 2015

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:30 am

I got 12 as well. My top 10 bids were to a secondary market. I got interviews for all top 10. I'm an incoming transfer - definitely going to MM. I was expecting at least 18. Is 12 normal?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273179
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown - EIW 2015

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:33 am

I got 13 of my top 15. I agree: I really wish we could tell what was preselect and what wasn't.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273179
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown - EIW 2015

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:34 am

Also, this:
Anonymous User wrote:What's the best way to contact firms you bid but didn't get? Shoot an email to recruiter?


Does this work? Haven't they already taken a pass on you by not preselecting?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273179
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown - EIW 2015

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:39 am

I got 12 as well. My top 10 bids were to a secondary market. I got interviews for all top 10. I'm an incoming transfer - definitely going to MM. I was expecting at least 18. Is 12 normal?


Got 9, also a transfer. :| Went majority NYC for top 10 bids, and conservative in my bidding.

edit - am I screwed?

Back to mailing...
Last edited by Anonymous User on Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273179
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown - EIW 2015

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:47 am

Just outside of top 1/3, got 16, including 10 of my top eleven (missed 9), a few in the high teens, and then a few preselects in secondaries that i bid very low.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273179
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown - EIW 2015

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:47 am

I got 10 (out of 42 bids): 1-6, 10, 12, 22, & 39. Bid mostly DC and NYC, but didn't get a single DC firm.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273179
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Georgetown - EIW 2015

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:50 am

Got 13/50, all DC bids




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.