Lateral Interview Logistics for New Market

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Lateral Interview Logistics for New Market

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:36 pm

I'm a Biglaw junior associate in a major market looking to move back home. I've had some phone interviews with firms in my desired market and one firm is about to get back to me with dates for a call-back interview. Any tips on how to escape the office? I'm in a busy transactional practice and I think we'll be full speed ahead on a big deal for the next 6 weeks or so. We're busy enough that I can't simply announce that I'm taking a vacation day.

ehshornet

Re: Lateral Interview Logistics for New Market

Postby ehshornet » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:33 am

Anonymous User wrote:I'm a Biglaw junior associate in a major market looking to move back home. I've had some phone interviews with firms in my desired market and one firm is about to get back to me with dates for a call-back interview. Any tips on how to escape the office? I'm in a busy transactional practice and I think we'll be full speed ahead on a big deal for the next 6 weeks or so. We're busy enough that I can't simply announce that I'm taking a vacation day.

I just finished the lateral process, and I was successful in keeping my interviewing from my employer, at least it seemed liked everyone was shocked when I gave my resignation. I scheduled my call backs on Mondays or Fridays so that I said I was taking an extended weekend. When pressed for more specifics, I would say I had an out of state wedding I was going to or that I was heading to New York for a mini 3-day vacay.

Good luck!

Return to “Legal Employment”