Government Honors Programs - other than DOJ (2015-2016 Cycle)

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273182
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Government Honors Programs - other than DOJ (2015-2016 Cycle)

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:52 pm

Anyone heard back from the FCC?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273182
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Government Honors Programs - other than DOJ (2015-2016 Cycle)

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:50 pm

I got an email from FCC yesterday saying we'd be hearing back next week and maybe the week after

Anonymous User
Posts: 273182
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Government Honors Programs - other than DOJ (2015-2016 Cycle)

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I got an email from FCC yesterday saying we'd be hearing back next week and maybe the week after

Oh see now I'm neurotic about why you got an email and I didn't. Did you email them?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273182
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Government Honors Programs - other than DOJ (2015-2016 Cycle)

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:30 am

Am I wrong to think that the FDIC already extended offers, and the 2-3 people they extended them to aren't ITT? Curious more than anything else now.

bk123
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:59 am

Re: Government Honors Programs - other than DOJ (2015-2016 Cycle)

Postby bk123 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I got an email from FCC yesterday saying we'd be hearing back next week and maybe the week after

Oh see now I'm neurotic about why you got an email and I didn't. Did you email them?



No I didn't email them- they sent it to me as an "application status."

Anonymous User
Posts: 273182
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Government Honors Programs - other than DOJ (2015-2016 Cycle)

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:01 pm

Sigh...NOAA? NOAA?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273182
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Government Honors Programs - other than DOJ (2015-2016 Cycle)

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Sigh...NOAA? NOAA?


:(

Did you do the third round interview?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273182
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Government Honors Programs - other than DOJ (2015-2016 Cycle)

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Sigh...NOAA? NOAA?


:(

Did you do the third round interview?


Still waiting for a yes/no response after my Round 2 and two separate email updates.

User avatar
Nebby
Posts: 21881
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:23 pm

Re: Government Honors Programs - other than DOJ (2015-2016 Cycle)

Postby Nebby » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Sigh...NOAA? NOAA?


:(

Did you do the third round interview?


Still waiting for a yes/no response after my Round 2 and two separate email updates.

I think they are done with 3rd round. I cancelled my 3rd round interview, but it was scheduled for Dec. 4th.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273182
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Government Honors Programs - other than DOJ (2015-2016 Cycle)

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:51 pm

Nebby wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Sigh...NOAA? NOAA?


:(

Did you do the third round interview?


Still waiting for a yes/no response after my Round 2 and two separate email updates.

I think they are done with 3rd round. I cancelled my 3rd round interview, but it was scheduled for Dec. 4th.


One of my updates was on Dec. 3 and they said they were still waiting for decisions for 3rd round from Gen. Counsel.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273182
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Government Honors Programs - other than DOJ (2015-2016 Cycle)

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:53 pm

Any DOL updates since the "active consideration" e-mail?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273182
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Government Honors Programs - other than DOJ (2015-2016 Cycle)

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Nebby wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Sigh...NOAA? NOAA?


:(

Did you do the third round interview?


Still waiting for a yes/no response after my Round 2 and two separate email updates.

I think they are done with 3rd round. I cancelled my 3rd round interview, but it was scheduled for Dec. 4th.


One of my updates was on Dec. 3 and they said they were still waiting for decisions for 3rd round from Gen. Counsel.


The waiting game is brutal. At least once you find out either way you can move on, but being stuck in perpetual limbo is awful. Good luck on hearing something soon!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273182
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Government Honors Programs - other than DOJ (2015-2016 Cycle)

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any DOL updates since the "active consideration" e-mail?


Nothing here. I think it will be a while...

zot1
Posts: 2958
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:53 am

Re: Government Honors Programs - other than DOJ (2015-2016 Cycle)

Postby zot1 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
The waiting game is brutal. At least once you find out either way you can move on, but being stuck in perpetual limbo is awful. Good luck on hearing something soon!


Hang in there, you guys. I didn't get my offer until April. Keep your chin up and keep applying to other stuff as well.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273182
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Government Honors Programs - other than DOJ (2015-2016 Cycle)

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Nebby wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Sigh...NOAA? NOAA?


:(

Did you do the third round interview?


Still waiting for a yes/no response after my Round 2 and two separate email updates.

I think they are done with 3rd round. I cancelled my 3rd round interview, but it was scheduled for Dec. 4th.


One of my updates was on Dec. 3 and they said they were still waiting for decisions for 3rd round from Gen. Counsel.


The waiting game is brutal. At least once you find out either way you can move on, but being stuck in perpetual limbo is awful. Good luck on hearing something soon!


NOAA ding by email earlier today. 2nd round was early last month. Best of luck to anyone still in it!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273182
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Government Honors Programs - other than DOJ (2015-2016 Cycle)

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:No word about FTC here. I don't think they've given any offers yet. LOCI?


IDK, I feel like they're waiting for the omnibus bill. They're an independent agency, so that's more imporant for them. Highway bill just went through, and the omnibus is going next.



Why would this influence their offer timing? Is their funding still up in the air to the extent it would influence summer hires? Seems unlikely that the higher-ups in the FTC who are concerned with funding bills is also deciding summer hires. But I really don't know.

User avatar
A. Nony Mouse
Posts: 22822
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:51 am

Re: Government Honors Programs - other than DOJ (2015-2016 Cycle)

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:05 pm

It may be more that they can't sign off on any future expenditures until the funding has been issued. (No idea about this agency, but there are lots of weird things about government funding procedures.)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273182
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Government Honors Programs - other than DOJ (2015-2016 Cycle)

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:No word about FTC here. I don't think they've given any offers yet. LOCI?


IDK, I feel like they're waiting for the omnibus bill. They're an independent agency, so that's more imporant for them. Highway bill just went through, and the omnibus is going next.



Why would this influence their offer timing? Is their funding still up in the air to the extent it would influence summer hires? Seems unlikely that the higher-ups in the FTC who are concerned with funding bills is also deciding summer hires. But I really don't know.


I'm waiting on the full time honors program - it sounds like we're not waiting for the same job.

zot1
Posts: 2958
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:53 am

Re: Government Honors Programs - other than DOJ (2015-2016 Cycle)

Postby zot1 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:No word about FTC here. I don't think they've given any offers yet. LOCI?


IDK, I feel like they're waiting for the omnibus bill. They're an independent agency, so that's more imporant for them. Highway bill just went through, and the omnibus is going next.



Why would this influence their offer timing? Is their funding still up in the air to the extent it would influence summer hires? Seems unlikely that the higher-ups in the FTC who are concerned with funding bills is also deciding summer hires. But I really don't know.


I'm waiting on the full time honors program - it sounds like we're not waiting for the same job.


It is not unheard of for an agency to move forward with the preliminary stuff dealing with HP hiring without having the funding ready yet. So yeah, it is quite possible that the FY16 funding limbo is affecting offer timing.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273182
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Government Honors Programs - other than DOJ (2015-2016 Cycle)

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:No word about FTC here. I don't think they've given any offers yet. LOCI?


IDK, I feel like they're waiting for the omnibus bill. They're an independent agency, so that's more imporant for them. Highway bill just went through, and the omnibus is going next.



Why would this influence their offer timing? Is their funding still up in the air to the extent it would influence summer hires? Seems unlikely that the higher-ups in the FTC who are concerned with funding bills is also deciding summer hires. But I really don't know.


I'm waiting on the full time honors program - it sounds like we're not waiting for the same job.



I'm waiting on a decision for Summer Legal Honors for the BC. I'm a 2L.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273182
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Government Honors Programs - other than DOJ (2015-2016 Cycle)

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:35 pm

edit: accidental duplicate post

Anonymous User
Posts: 273182
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Government Honors Programs - other than DOJ (2015-2016 Cycle)

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:43 pm

Are most of the honors programs being discussed here for post-grad? Or summer honors programs?

User avatar
A. Nony Mouse
Posts: 22822
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:51 am

Re: Government Honors Programs - other than DOJ (2015-2016 Cycle)

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:57 pm

This has been for discussion of 3L postgrad positions, really, although the title doesn't specify.

User avatar
eas09d
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:52 am

Re: Government Honors Programs - other than DOJ (2015-2016 Cycle)

Postby eas09d » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:15 pm

I'm pretty sure fed positions for 2L's are referred to as "pathways programs," and post-grad positions are called "honors programs." I had a pathways job last summer. I'm sure there is a separate TLS forum for the various pathways programs.

User avatar
A. Nony Mouse
Posts: 22822
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:51 am

Re: Government Honors Programs - other than DOJ (2015-2016 Cycle)

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:21 pm

There are some 2L honors programs called that (I want to say FTC/FCC maybe?).




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.