Unofficial Transcripts

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Ambitious Joe

Unofficial Transcripts

Postby Ambitious Joe » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:25 pm

I'm a 1L prepping for OCI's and mass mail (wish me luck) and understand that I'll have to include an unofficial transcript with my applications. Here's the problem: I have one bad grade that really brings down my gpa (C, overall gpa 3.47), and it is the first grade listed on the unofficial transcript provided by my school. I'm worried it will be the first thing an employer sees and will nuke any chances of my application being successful.

My school also provides a sample format for a student-made unofficial transcript. I obviously can't change my grades, but I think listing the C in between the four other grades I got that semester (A, A, A-, B+) will help me avoid an immediate rejection. However, I'm worried that the format looks really unprofessional.

Can anyone recommend a good format for student made unofficial transcripts? Has anyone heard of making their own unofficial transcript before? Thanks for the advice!!

ookoshi

Re: Unofficial Transcripts

Postby ookoshi » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:16 pm

I don't think it matters, but if your self-made transcript lists classes in a nonsensical order, I think they might see that as sloppy. Just make it consistent.

J9ofDiamonds

Re: Unofficial Transcripts

Postby J9ofDiamonds » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:19 pm

I just listed mine alphabetically in a self made unofficial transcript.

Return to “Legal Employment”