Top 1/3 at T25, no ties. How to bay area?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Top 1/3 at T25, no ties. How to bay area?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:44 pm

#1 Choice to work is in the Bay area. I find the subject matter interesting. But I have no ties, originally from the Midwest.

Working in finance this summer in the Midwest. No journal/moot court. Little better than top third.

bruinfan10

Re: Top 1/3 at T25, no ties. How to bay area?

Postby bruinfan10 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:#1 Choice to work is in the Bay area. I find the subject matter interesting. But I have no ties, originally from the Midwest.

Working in finance this summer in the Midwest. No journal/moot court. Little better than top third.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=249602

TLDR; you're likely not going to get Biglaw in SF or SV. Check out one of the last posts in the first page of that thread for a list of midlaw firms. I don't know anything about them but the poster seemed to know what she/he was talking about.

rpupkin

Postby rpupkin » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:#1 Choice to work is in the Bay area. I find the subject matter interesting. But I have no ties, originally from the Midwest.

If that "subject matter" is patent prosecution, and if you're patent-bar eligible, you've got a shot. Otherwise, you don't have a realistic chance. It doesn't hurt to mass mail, though.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:59 pm

OP here. The subject matter I'm interested in is transactional for emerging companies/corporate venture arms hence the finance work this summer.

It isn't crazy to skip OCI(beyond bay area) and try and recruit for business type jobs in the late fall/spring is it?

bruinfan10

Postby bruinfan10 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:OP here. The subject matter I'm interested in is transactional for emerging companies/corporate venture arms hence the finance work this summer.

It isn't crazy to skip OCI(beyond bay area) and try and recruit for business type jobs in the late fall/spring is it?

I don't know anything about sand hill road hiring, I'm sorry. i do dislike how crowded the PE/VC bros make the lounge at the Rosewood though.

Return to “Legal Employment”