Trust Officer jobs

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Trust Officer jobs

Postby diowad » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:46 am

Posted this in the mega thread, but thought I'd see what kind of response it would get on its own.

Anyone know anything or anyone who got a JD and then became a Trust Officer with a Bank? Currently studying for the July Bar. My law school credentials aren't landing me any biglaw jobs anytime soon, nor do I really care. Money isn't a huge deal to me. The dollar goes a lot further out here in the Midwest than it does on the coasts and my fiancé makes a good living. Never really found an area in law school that I absolutely loved, but enjoyed estates classes and some basic estate planning in Clinic.

So anyway, I put in an app for an entry-level trust officer job at a bank and recently received an interview. Still don't think I'll get it because I don't have quite enough experience, but if I get offered I need to be ready. The internal dilemma I face is I'll effectively be turning my back on private practice (and maybe someday, a lot of money, who knows) in exchange for more stability, regular hours, an area I know I'm at least interested in, but obviously a lower salary until several years down the road where I could advance within the bank itself. I have my name in at a few law firms but none have given me any indication of a sure job after the Bar.

So just looking for any general info about working in a Bank's trust department or anything like that. Thanks.

Return to “Legal Employment”