Very shitty grades at CLS. Am I done for EIP?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Very shitty grades at CLS. Am I done for EIP?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:02 am

Do I have any hope of securing an offer from EIP with a 3.07 GPA (B, B, B / B+, B+, B, B)? :cry: I graduated from a pretty good UG, see myself as having average softs (no significant WE though, just summer internships related to law) with average to slightly above average interviewing skills.

I know I am in a very precarious situation, but besides bidding very conservatively on NYC firms, is there anything I can/should do to up my chances even slightly for an offer?

Any relevant comments or suggestions will be very much appreciated. :)

Anonymous User

Re: Very shitty grades at CLS. Am I done for EIP?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:33 am

Yea you're not the only person in this situation, construct a cautious bid list plus mail campaign to any markets with ties plus NY and you'll be okay. This is where the decision to go to CLS made so fatefully long ago finally starts helping you, in all seriousness. Talk to some incoming 3Ls for guidance.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:57 am

Thanks for the encouragement! Do you know what a 3.07ish GPA stands in terms of GPA percentile at CLS?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:03 am

Last edited by Anonymous User on Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

runinthefront

Postby runinthefront » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:06 am

any GPA that starts with 3.0X at pretty much any T20 school is assuredly bottom quarter, at least. But I don't think firms (barring being under a 3.0) are busting out GPA calculators to determine whether youre bottom 20% or bottom 10%.

OP, there's not even five better schools to be at, given your situation. THe above poster is right--bid cautiously and mail your ass off and you'll be okay

hard to say anyone is "done" at Columbia with a 3.0+
Last edited by runinthefront on Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Legal Employment”