Smith, Gambrell, Russell in ATL

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Smith, Gambrell, Russell in ATL

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:51 pm

Does anyone have any experiences with SGR in Atlanta?
Got a pre select with them for the SEMJF.
It was my only one so I don't want to screw it up.
Transferring from Mercer to UGA. Did the write on competition for both schools.

My problem is that they are requiring top 25% and I'm just barely outside of that but I was still selected for one of their 22 spots.

Am I just filler or do I have a shot at getting a call back?

Socioeconomically diverse and LGBT if that helps.

I am interested in the firm and many of their practice areas like M/A, IP, and Securities but given my law school and ranking I don't think I have a chance. Is there anything I can do to improve my chances with the firm? I thought about scheduling coffee with an alumni from Mercer or UGA to possibly bump me up.

FluffMonster

Re: Smith, Gambrell, Russell in ATL

Postby FluffMonster » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Does anyone have any experiences with SGR in Atlanta?
Got a pre select with them for the SEMJF.
It was my only one so I don't want to screw it up.
Transferring from Mercer to UGA. Did the write on competition for both schools.

My problem is that they are requiring top 25% and I'm just barely outside of that but I was still selected for one of their 22 spots.

Am I just filler or do I have a shot at getting a call back?

Socioeconomically diverse and LGBT if that helps.

I am interested in the firm and many of their practice areas like M/A, IP, and Securities but given my law school and ranking I don't think I have a chance. Is there anything I can do to improve my chances with the firm? I thought about scheduling coffee with an alumni from Mercer or UGA to possibly bump me up.

Sure. Make a contact so that you have something to point to during the interview in terms of your interest in the firm. It certainly can't hurt. <top quarter at Mercer is rough and not sure of what jump transferring gives you. But bottom line is: Prepare well for your interview and tailor your story to their firm! You have nothing to lose by interviewing and a lack of confidence can hurt you.

Anonymous User wrote:Socioeconomically diverse

Curious as to what this means and how you plan to work that into the interview... I could see this being awkward, depending.

Return to “Legal Employment”