No-offers

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

No-offers

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:48 pm

When the Vault profile of a firm says:
Summer Associate Offers
X out of Y(2014)

Does that mean that many summers received offers or accepted their offers? if it's the former then it looks like my firm no-offered 21 kids last year...
Last edited by Anonymous User on Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

trebekismyhero

Re: No-offers

Postby trebekismyhero » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:When the Vault profile of a firm says:
Summer Associate Offers
X out of Y(2014)

Does that mean those many summers received offers or accepted their offers? if it's the former then it looks like my firm no-offered 21 kids last year...

Are you at Kirkland? That number surprised me too. But I do think it means number of summers offered not accepted

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:54 pm

trebekismyhero wrote:Anonymous User wrote:
When the Vault profile of a firm says:
Summer Associate Offers
X out of Y(2014)

Does that mean those many summers received offers or accepted their offers? if it's the former then it looks like my firm no-offered 21 kids last year...

Are you at Kirkland? That number surprised me too. But I do think it means number of summers offered not accepted

Yeah i'm at Kirkland. What the fuck. 21 people!?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:06 pm

Seems very unlikely considering nalpdirectory indicates that Chicago NY and LA had 0 no offers and DC only reports 1.
There just aren't enough other offices to get the count that high. Even if they all no-offered half of their SA class it wouldn't hit that number.

ETA: other offices don't answer the question, so that's why we're speculating here.

DELG

Postby DELG » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:19 pm

wth?

CknNgtz

Postby CknNgtz » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:19 pm

I think it's an error...if you look at Chambers Associate (http://www.chambers-associate.com/true-picture/3636/1##firm-profile), the 82/103 Vault numbers correlate with the 80(accepted)/103(offered) in the firm profile, assuming the 2 extra acceptances happened after the initial numbers were in.

If you poke around and compare with other peer firms, it seems to further suggest error since KE seems to be the only one with such a large discrepancy.

EDIT: Error as in, other firms list X(offers)/Y(SAs), but KE appears to be listed as X(accepted offers)/Y(FT offers given)

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:12 am

Yeah can confirm those numbers are definitely wrong. The only no-offer was the one reported in DC... No need to panic.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:56 pm

Vault page is updated -- 103 offers of 104 SAs. At Kirkland this summer, and that number was not even offers v. accepted offers... just a spreadsheet glitch. Almost everybody accepted their offers (w/ exception for clerkships).

Return to “Legal Employment”