Big law salaries equal?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Big law salaries equal?

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:38 pm

Do all 1st year associates in same group and same firm get payed the same, or can you negotiate salary?

Anonymous User

Re: Big law salaries equal?

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:10 pm

I know of a mid-law firm that raised their pay by $25K to compete for T10 applicants inside their market. But no, I do not believe there is pay disparity between summers, no matter the firm or the school.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:19 pm

Some firms with international offices have a CoA adjustment that can be quite a bit if you do that and bump you above your class year. At my firm, it is still an unpopular option.

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:10 pm

Typically all first years are paid the same, but some receive bonuses or advanced standing (higher pay) based on clerkship experience or additional graduate degrees (opportunity for graduate degree bonus varies firm by firm, however).

Hutz_and_Goodman

Postby Hutz_and_Goodman » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:22 pm

I believe paid the same, which is kind of crazy when you compare cost of living in Charllote (or similar city) with nyc.

Return to “Legal Employment”