WUSTL EIW + Off campus Programs 2015

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

How many screeners did you get from WUSTL programs?

Poll runs till Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:52 pm

0
5
20%
1-3
3
12%
3-7
8
32%
7-12
2
8%
12-20
2
8%
20-30
3
12%
30+
2
8%
 
Total votes: 25

User avatar
hoos89
Posts: 1969
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:09 pm

Re: WUSTL EIW + Off campus Programs 2015

Postby hoos89 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:06 pm

Typical transfer out number is ~10%. And no, the number you put next to the firm matters very nearly 0. My understanding is that firms will never see the number, and it's only conceivable relevance is if a firm asks CSO to fill a couple of last second spots, in which case they may try to pull people who ranked the firm highly (I don't think this really happens, though).

Anonymous User
Posts: 273397
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: WUSTL EIW + Off campus Programs 2015

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:27 pm

Thus far I know of 4 to GULC, 2 to Chicago, 1 to Berk and a number more waiting on decisions.

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: WUSTL EIW + Off campus Programs 2015

Postby chuckbass » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:07 am

Anonymous User wrote:Thus far I know of 4 to GULC, 2 to Chicago, 1 to Berk and a number more waiting on decisions.

Can confirm, however Berk transfer is waiting on others. And then we have the 1 to USC.

Unprecedented numbers to GULC though, considering there were none last year from WUSTL.

User avatar
hoos89
Posts: 1969
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:09 pm

Re: WUSTL EIW + Off campus Programs 2015

Postby hoos89 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:58 am

WUSTL to GULC or below is kind of dumb, which is why people typically don't do it.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273397
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: WUSTL EIW + Off campus Programs 2015

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:03 am

North of 60 people got Deans Certs. Theres alot of people waiting/secret transfers.

+ there is one kid going to UCLA at least as well.

User avatar
lososos
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:50 am

Re: WUSTL EIW + Off campus Programs 2015

Postby lososos » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:11 am

Anonymous User wrote:North of 60 people got Deans Certs. Theres alot of people waiting/secret transfers.

+ there is one kid going to UCLA at least as well.


60ish people would be about 22-23%. that seems insanely high

ETA: especially if it's normally ~10%

Anonymous User
Posts: 273397
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: WUSTL EIW + Off campus Programs 2015

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:15 am

lososos wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:North of 60 people got Deans Certs. Theres alot of people waiting/secret transfers.

+ there is one kid going to UCLA at least as well.


60ish people would be about 22-23%. that seems insanely high

ETA: especially if it's normally ~10%



Whats the yield on those filed Deans certs though? Alot of the people want to see their options/when they don't get their top choice they might just stay.

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: WUSTL EIW + Off campus Programs 2015

Postby chuckbass » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:22 am

hoos89 wrote:WUSTL to GULC or below is kind of dumb, which is why people typically don't do it.

Meh, if you're below top 20-30% and not getting a lot of money at WUSTL, I think GULC is worth it if you're a good interviewer b/c you'll at least get interviews because of the lottery. Granted, one of the transfers is doing a dual-degree, and I'm going to GULC and skipping their EIW.

User avatar
lososos
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:50 am

Re: WUSTL EIW + Off campus Programs 2015

Postby lososos » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:25 am

Anonymous User wrote:
lososos wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:North of 60 people got Deans Certs. Theres alot of people waiting/secret transfers.

+ there is one kid going to UCLA at least as well.


60ish people would be about 22-23%. that seems insanely high

ETA: especially if it's normally ~10%



Whats the yield on those filed Deans certs though? Alot of the people want to see their options/when they don't get their top choice they might just stay.


yeah that's fair. i don't really know anything about that process, and was under the impression you didn't get one unless you knew you would need it because you knew you were transferring. but i guess you could get one preemptively and just never use it if you decided against transferring after all.

(was also just curious where that anon got that number from...)

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: WUSTL EIW + Off campus Programs 2015

Postby chuckbass » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:29 am

I'd guess we're losing 40-50 this year.

Outis Onoma
Posts: 212
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:45 pm

Re: WUSTL EIW + Off campus Programs 2015

Postby Outis Onoma » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:44 am

Hopefully this shows admin that they can't just let this shitty behavior fly.

User avatar
hoos89
Posts: 1969
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:09 pm

Re: WUSTL EIW + Off campus Programs 2015

Postby hoos89 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:56 am

scottidsntknow wrote:
hoos89 wrote:WUSTL to GULC or below is kind of dumb, which is why people typically don't do it.

Meh, if you're below top 20-30% and not getting a lot of money at WUSTL, I think GULC is worth it if you're a good interviewer b/c you'll at least get interviews because of the lottery. Granted, one of the transfers is doing a dual-degree, and I'm going to GULC and skipping their EIW.


I get that, but if you can get into GULC, you can probably get into at least one other T14 with way better employment numbers (Northwestern is a popular choice). I just somehow don't think that transfers into GULC fare that well: they take a TON and already have huge classes. Not really any data on that though.


Outis Onoma wrote:Hopefully this shows admin that they can't just let this shitty behavior fly.


Not really sure why you think the administration will care. They'll just bring in some transfers and charge them sticker (guessing most transferring had at least some scholarship).

MtheG
Posts: 93
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:57 pm

Re: WUSTL EIW + Off campus Programs 2015

Postby MtheG » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:44 pm

I am comforted by the fact that it appears like some of the more egregiously awful personalities in the class are transferring.

mod edit: since anyone posting in this thread is pretty much admitting they go to WUSTL, there's no reason this needed to be anon

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: WUSTL EIW + Off campus Programs 2015

Postby chuckbass » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I am comforted by the fact that it appears like some of the more egregiously awful personalities in the class are transferring.

Great use of anon.

User avatar
KanyeShrug
Posts: 617
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: WUSTL EIW + Off campus Programs 2015

Postby KanyeShrug » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I am comforted by the fact that it appears like some of the more egregiously awful personalities in the class are transferring.


Image

Anonymous User
Posts: 273397
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: WUSTL EIW + Off campus Programs 2015

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:19 pm

Are we expected to do cover letters for every firm?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273397
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: WUSTL EIW + Off campus Programs 2015

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Are we expected to do cover letters for every firm?


I didn't but why wouldn't you. It shows at least some motivation.

User avatar
lososos
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:50 am

Re: WUSTL EIW + Off campus Programs 2015

Postby lososos » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Are we expected to do cover letters for every firm?


most of them ask for one anyway, and it's not that much extra work to write one for the few that don't.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273397
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: WUSTL EIW + Off campus Programs 2015

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:42 pm

We might get an extension on bids. A fucking tornado just hit Saint Louis.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273397
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: WUSTL EIW + Off campus Programs 2015

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:06 pm

looks like it's closed on symplicity now. i got in 44 bids (including a bunch of resume collect firms that didn't ask for cover letters).

is it likely that it would be extended? not in stl so i know nothing about this tornado situation (other than the 8 separate "tornado warning" emails i just got).

Anonymous User
Posts: 273397
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: WUSTL EIW + Off campus Programs 2015

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:40 pm

I put in for 29 interviews +12-15 resume drops. Top third so I might get a total of 0 preselect interviews.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273397
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: WUSTL EIW + Off campus Programs 2015

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:31 pm

Whoa alot more people are looking at NY than I thought. My greater group of friends, only two want NY but its crushing on this poll.

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: WUSTL EIW + Off campus Programs 2015

Postby chuckbass » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Whoa alot more people are looking at NY than I thought. My greater group of friends, only two want NY but its crushing on this poll.

Well, that's basically everyone's best shot at a job.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273397
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: WUSTL EIW + Off campus Programs 2015

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:51 pm

Who is doing the New York interview program? How many people actually get interviews? I shouldn't book flights yet with top third/ no LR right?

User avatar
hoos89
Posts: 1969
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:09 pm

Re: WUSTL EIW + Off campus Programs 2015

Postby hoos89 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Who is doing the New York interview program? How many people actually get interviews? I shouldn't book flights yet with top third/ no LR right?


Do not book flights yet.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.