WUSTL EIW + Off campus Programs 2015 Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

How many screeners did you get from WUSTL programs?

Poll ended at Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:52 pm

20%
1-3
12%
3-7
32%
7-12
8%
12-20
8%
20-30
12%
30+
8%

Total votes: 25

Anonymous User

WUSTL EIW + Off campus Programs 2015

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:26 am

Bids and and handles.

Where did everyone bid? Where are people getting interviews?

SEMW/MCGC are out. Some of New England is out. No idea on Texas. Half of EIW is out.

Anonymous User wrote:Dear Club WUSTL,

I've enjoyed the club so far, I really have. However, I am dismayed at my inability to meet pretty firms. I know these firms would like me if they did meet me. But thanks to your large national draw of 39 firms, there is not alot of these beauties at the ball. I don't mind the 17 Missouri farm-firms, but yall seem to be looking for a country lawyer.

On your preslect system, my dad bod is not impressing versus team #nodaysoff. I think your preselect system is objectifying and we should play some lottery icebreakers instead. Maybe I would have a chance to dance with a nice firm at least for a bit and hopefully my personality would shine through. Unfortunately however, I'm relegated to picking my nose in the corner with the other 150 people in my class.

Sometimes I wonder if I should have paid the cover to go to one of the more exclusive dance halls such as Georgetown or Michigan when I realized I would never be able to even meet the talent at WUSTL. While I thought your club was a bargain, with the reduced cover for VIPs, little did I know that everyone is a VIP at Club WUSTL.

Thankfully I met some firms on OkCupid and we now have some dates planned out throughout the fall. Hopefully one of those will turn out great! Maybe I will be able to have a summer fling with one of these dates. Who knows I guess I could also pay to go to your VIP-VIP section for a LLM but it seems there are even fewer firms up there.

Best, semi-disgruntled patron

P.S. I'm writing unemployed on my ABA report.

P.P.S. You should look at getting new bouncers.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:42 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Anonymous User

Re: WUSTL EIW + Off campus Programs 2015

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:49 am

I'm going to the New York Interview program+EIW+Chicago.

Top third with midwest ties, secondary journal. I'm probably not going to get more than five screener interviews through WashU.

Home market.... crossing my fingers.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:04 am

Its cute that theres a 100 bid max for our New York program.

Top quarter -> NY/Texas programs +EIW.

chuckbass

Platinum

Post by chuckbass » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:21 am

~good luck everyone~

chingwoo

Bronze

Post by chingwoo » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:38 pm

scottidsntknow wrote:~good luck everyone~
mass exodus

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:47 pm

checking in

just outside top third, law review. planning on NY/EIW for sure, we'll see what else, and mass mailing like crazy because of low gpa

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:checking in

just outside top third, law review. planning on NY/EIW for sure, we'll see what else, and mass mailing like crazy because of low gpa
I suspect if you mass mail correctly combined with the fact that I'm assuming you made deans list one of your two semesters, you will do well mass mailing.

Much better than top third with nothing. You just seem more appealing in mass mails with law review(and firms will assume your ranked higher than you are).

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:32 pm

^ thanks for the optimism haha. i've actually been remarkably consistent and was outside top third/dean's list both semesters. but i do hope that law review looks good, especially since i clearly wrote on (as opposed to grading on, which i guess seems competitive, right?)

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:34 pm

We will have to compare afterwards, I have slightly better stats but no journal.

I presume your just leaving gpa without any notator where top third is on your mass mail?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:41 pm

yep, and hoping that it looks better than it actually is (thx grade inflation). unrealistic since i'm sure they're aware to some degree what our curve looks like even without my noting an actual rank, but i'll hope for it anyway

chuckbass

Platinum

Post by chuckbass » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:44 pm

I'd like to think that that GPA inflation helps with mass-mailing firms that aren't coming to OCI. It at least doesn't hurt.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:15 pm

on the high end of top 5%, didn't do write-on or any extracurriculars, will hopefully be transferring. i'm throwing my hat in the ring for the NY interview program and bidding EIW. east coast ties.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:47 pm

Does anyone know exactly how bidding works? Is the Wash U system entirely preselect or does the bid rank work as some kind of lottery?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:49 pm

Entirely pre-select+ no meaningful cap. So effectively one can bid on somewhere around 100-150 firms at our OCI+ off campus programs.

KanyeShrug

Silver

Post by KanyeShrug » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:07 am

Good luck guise. Love you, mean it. #MassExodus

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:37 pm

Anyone know how hard it is to get a KPMG/Deloitte interview?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:01 pm

Does WUSTL let us double dip? Can any transfers from last year speak to this? #massexodus

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:56 pm

I mean if you think about it, WUSTL isn't letting you double dip. They just don't know about it. If you asked CSO they would tell you no.

The real question is what are you going to tell firms if you double dip?

"I go to Columbia but I'm in this program for WUSTL/VAndy/Tulane."

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:06 am

Bid Limits for Early Interview Week
Just a reminder for Early Interview Week on-campus interviews, you are limited to a maximum of 50 employer bids (this limit only applies to Early Interview Week employers and Resume Collects/Direct Sends do not count towards your bid limits). This limitation has been set to ensure that the maximum possible number of students get meaningful interview opportunities. If you encounter difficulty with limiting your bids, please speak with a CSO Counselor for guidance. Submitting a resume for an employer in whom you have no real interest may deprive someone sincerely interested in the employer the opportunity to interview. We ask candidates with strong credentials to be especially considerate of this matter. Please work with a CSO Counselor to determine the best bidding strategy for you. CSO advisors are available to speak to you in person or over the phone, please utilize them!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Submitting a resume for an employer in whom you have no real interest may deprive someone sincerely interested in the employer the opportunity to interview. We ask candidates with strong credentials to be especially considerate of this matter. Please work with a CSO Counselor to determine the best bidding strategy for you.
That's crap. Bid everywhere you can imagine yourself working. Unless you're in the tip top of the class, you need to do everything possible to maximize your chance of getting a job. And that includes interviewing anywhere you can.

chingwoo

Bronze

Post by chingwoo » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Submitting a resume for an employer in whom you have no real interest may deprive someone sincerely interested in the employer the opportunity to interview. We ask candidates with strong credentials to be especially considerate of this matter. Please work with a CSO Counselor to determine the best bidding strategy for you.
That's crap. Bid everywhere you can imagine yourself working. Unless you're in the tip top of the class, you need to do everything possible to maximize your chance of getting a job. And that includes interviewing anywhere you can.
^ I mean isn't that effectively what their saying. If you can't imagine yourself working at Lathrop in Gage and thus have no real interest in them, don't bid them.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

hoos89

Gold

Post by hoos89 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:51 am

You'll be surprised what your imagination can do if you only get one offer...

lososos

New

Post by lososos » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:41 pm

To clarify, for EIW (and I guess for all our programs) it doesn't really matter which number bid we place on a firm, since there's no lottery component to it? And firms don't see what number bid you put them at?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:12 pm

How many people actually transferred up? I know at least 7 that transferred (many of them very highly ranked).

chuckbass

Platinum

Post by chuckbass » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:How many people actually transferred up? I know at least 7 that transferred (many of them very highly ranked).
Well I mean none of us have transferred yet... we're in the middle of transfer admissions at the moment. I know of at least 5 that have committed/chosen schools though. But this won't be settled for another few weeks as most of the T14s haven't released any decisions.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”