VAULT 2016 rankings Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Longtimecoming19

Bronze

Re: VAULT 2016 rankings

Post by Longtimecoming19 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:34 pm

rpupkin wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:DC rankings came out.
Oh, I heard about that. I'm told that managing partner of W&C actually emailed Vault about its methodology. Turns out that there was a miscalculation--not only is Covington not first, but it actually fell to fourth (behind W&C, Wilmer, and A&P). Vault is releasing a correction early next week. It's going to be embarrassing for both Vault and Covington.
I doubt that you would know this.

rpupkin

Platinum

Post by rpupkin » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:42 pm

Longtimecoming19 wrote:
rpupkin wrote:
Oh, I heard about that. I'm told that managing partner of W&C actually emailed Vault about its methodology. Turns out that there was a miscalculation--not only is Covington not first, but it actually fell to fourth (behind W&C, Wilmer, and A&P). Vault is releasing a correction early next week. It's going to be embarrassing for both Vault and Covington.
Whatever. Look, this is not a big deal. So long as Vault issues its correction before rising 2Ls finalize their bids, this is basically a "no harm, no foul" situation.

jbagelboy

Diamond

Post by jbagelboy » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:48 pm

Longtimecoming19 wrote:
rpupkin wrote:
Lol pupkin is trolling.

Because vault is dumb

run26.2

Silver

Post by run26.2 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:27 pm

rpupkin wrote:
Lol. glad someone bought this.

Gold

Post by 84651846190 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:47 pm

Longtimecoming19 wrote:
rpupkin wrote:
jfc

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

bearsfan23

Gold

Post by bearsfan23 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:57 pm

Question for associates: Do law firms actually care about their Vault ranking? Is it pretty much the same thing as the USNWR rankings are for law schools and do firms try to game them in any way? Or do firms just not care?

First Offense

Platinum

Post by First Offense » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:05 pm

bearsfan23 wrote:Question for associates: Do law firms actually care about their Vault ranking? Is it pretty much the same thing as the USNWR rankings are for law schools and do firms try to game them in any way? Or do firms just not care?
From what I gather, firms love bragging about honors, but I think it's largely due to being able to blow that trumpet to potential clients more than patting their own backs. I don't know anyone that really cares, but I'm just a summer at a firm that doesn't have a ton of stuff to tout.

jbagelboy

Diamond

Post by jbagelboy » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:07 pm

First Offense wrote:
bearsfan23 wrote:Question for associates: Do law firms actually care about their Vault ranking? Is it pretty much the same thing as the USNWR rankings are for law schools and do firms try to game them in any way? Or do firms just not care?
From what I gather, firms love bragging about honors, but I think it's largely due to being able to blow that trumpet to potential clients more than patting their own backs. I don't know anyone that really cares, but I'm just a summer at a firm that doesn't have a ton of stuff to tout.
This is true, but I've never seen a firm bloat about vault (unless they are actually #1, e.g. wachtell has it on their list). Chambers is the fav.
Last edited by jbagelboy on Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DCNTUA

Bronze

Post by DCNTUA » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:07 pm

Biglaw_Associate_V20 wrote:
Longtimecoming19 wrote:
rpupkin wrote:
jfc

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Big Shrimpin

Gold

Post by Big Shrimpin » Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:05 pm

we get alerts every day listing all the places where ppl were quoted, big awards, etc

if im not mistaken, no alert was sent re vault rankings

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”