Latham LA's Appellate Practice

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Latham LA's Appellate Practice

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:01 am

Hey all, I was curious if anyone has any thoughts on Latham LA's appellate practice, as compared to Gibson Dunn or Munger's (or any other CA firms that have appellate groups--Boies maybe?). I know GDC LA has a pretty big appellate footprint, and I'd imagine Munger does as well, but I haven't heard much about Latham's group (other than that they have one). Anecdotes about L&W or any of these firms would be appreciated.

Edit: Just to clarify, I'm not a 2L, so don't worry about disabusing me of the notion that appellate work is a viable career goal.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:47 am, edited 3 times in total.

Anonymous User

Re: Latham LA's Appellate Practice

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:09 am

Boies is going to have you litigating across the board (not appellate only), and if you're looking to get hired in as a summer, it's unlikely their Santa Monica office is even recruiting. They didn't last year. Maybe out of a clerkship?

I don't know about Latham LA.

Anonymous User

Re: Latham LA's Appellate Practice

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:11 am

Anonymous User wrote:Boies is going to have you litigating across the board (not appellate only), and if you're looking to get hired in as a summer, it's unlikely their Santa Monica office is even recruiting. They didn't last year. Maybe out of a clerkship?

I don't know about Latham LA.

OP here. Coming from clerkships.

Return to “Legal Employment”