advice to see if the firm where I intern will hire me.

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

advice to see if the firm where I intern will hire me.

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:24 pm

I have been working at the law firm I am currently at since the beginning of the year. I work as a law clerk. I mainly do research and writing. My writing assignments include memos to counsel, motions, pleadings, and treatment outlines. I have received only positive reviews; nothing negative, only minor clerical changes, if that.

I am going to graduate in December and take the February Bar.

Lately many people, at work and outside of work, have asked me if I am going to stay after I graduate. My answer: "I don't know, but I hope so"

This is a small/med size firm with about 25 attorneys spread out over 4 locations. The firm specializes in personal injury.

I am not sure if my graduation date is too far away, but I would like to see where I stand at this point (far off, on track, definitely will receive offer, etc). At this point, what is the best way of going about this? I know I need to earn my place and demonstrate my abilities through my work product. How would you guys approach this? What questions would you ask?

Thank you

Return to “Legal Employment”