Vandy 2015 OCI (C/O 2017) Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Vandy 2015 OCI (C/O 2017)

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:44 pm

Simpson Thacher offers are out.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:24 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone heard from LL CB (Hou) from August 28?
Heard offers went out. Not sure which office.
ahh, there was a wave for the 21 one. not sure if the 28 went out yet
people that interviewed on the 28th received offers earlier this week.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:13 pm

great.... Do we know if the ding from them is via mail or email?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:great.... Do we know if the ding from them is via mail or email?
I'm pretty sure they haven't actually sent out any dings. I know people that did oci screeners with the Houston office that never got offically dinged, and those who did callbacks with the Houston office and still haven't been dinged either ( despite offers already given out).

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:59 pm

Re: DC Firms. Several have moved. Do you have any in mind in particular?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:great.... Do we know if the ding from them is via mail or email?
I'm pretty sure they haven't actually sent out any dings. I know people that did oci screeners with the Houston office that never got offically dinged, and those who did callbacks with the Houston office and still haven't been dinged either ( despite offers already given out).
Wow.. I'm assuming if we haven't heard anything by now it's game over?

Edit: I was creeping on Georgetown's OCI page, and there were reported dings from CB on there..

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:28 pm

Updates? Any offers gone out lately?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:43 pm

Almost to mid-September. How are we now feeling as a class? Seems like the top of the class did well. Middle has been hit-or-miss. Don't know about bottom really, but assume not great.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:17 pm

Accepted an offer earlier this week. Feeling pretty great to be finished with this hellish process.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:19 pm

Unsolicited advice for those with offers: try to be sensitive to the fact that it's only September...don't go around asking acquaintances whether they have offers yet. You are probably asking for selfish reasons (to satisfy your own curiosity). So unless it's a very close friend and you have tact, think twice.

Unsolicited advice for those feeling down: I was really disappointed with my results from OCI (I'm pretty close to median). So I went HAM applying to firms from my hometown, and had success. If you're feeling down, try that. It may not be what you initially wanted, but if you can get a paying firm job and that's what you want, going home is worth a try. #itgetsbetter

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Unsolicited advice for those with offers: try to be sensitive to the fact that it's only September...don't go around asking acquaintances whether they have offers yet. You are probably asking for selfish reasons (to satisfy your own curiosity). So unless it's a very close friend and you have tact, think twice.
Yeah, I would second this. I would add that those who have good offers from good firms, please stop complaining (loudly, I would add) about it not being the exact firm you wanted. Some of us have no offers at all. I know people are excited but like this above poster said, use tact in these situations please.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:44 am

Everybody hanging in there okay?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:43 am

still jobless.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Broscientist

New

Post by Broscientist » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Unsolicited advice for those with offers: try to be sensitive to the fact that it's only September...don't go around asking acquaintances whether they have offers yet. You are probably asking for selfish reasons (to satisfy your own curiosity). So unless it's a very close friend and you have tact, think twice.
Please keep your unsolicited advice. I have exceptionally little sympathy for those who waited until OCI before mass mailing. We are at Vanderbilt. Our name at least gets through the email spam filter. There are people at lower ranked schools who don't have near the influence or pull that Vanderbilt does. Transfer students have jobs. People in the bottom of lower ranked schools have jobs. This post is absolutely ridiculous. Buck up.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Please keep your unsolicited advice. I have exceptionally little sympathy for those who waited until OCI before mass mailing. We are at Vanderbilt. Our name at least gets through the email spam filter. There are people at lower ranked schools who don't have near the influence or pull that Vanderbilt does. Transfer students have jobs. People in the bottom of lower ranked schools have jobs. This post is absolutely ridiculous. Buck up.

???

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Why did you take umbrage at someone saying don't brag about having an offer. It's certainly not easy to get a job out of Vanderbilt and our school's name carries some but not a great deal of weight. Just don't boast about offers -- it's not difficult.

Also your post makes me sad, and makes our school look bad. Please don't be that kid.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
This is a weird post that makes Vanderbilt look awful. Plenty of people don't have jobs despite mass mailing early and hustling. The original post simply asked for people to use tact when discussing offers -- not an unreasonable request by any means. Being respectful of peers is called acting like a normal human adult.

Why you find it necessary to say "buck up" to people who don't have an offer is baffling. And what does "we're at Vanderbilt" mean? People at CCN and other t14s have trouble finding jobs.

I think the original post was reasonable and actually good advice. Just don't boast about having offers in front of everyone.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Kratos

Platinum

Post by Kratos » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:22 pm

Last edited by Kratos on Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
The purpose of the OCI threads is not to shit on people who are still looking for jobs, for whatever reason. More to the point, getting into this discussion is likely to derail the thread. So stop.

George W Kush

New

Post by George W Kush » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Lmao I've never seen something reeking of immaturity more than this post. I guess we found the person that advice was addressed to!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:47 pm

Wow, these responses are crazy. As a 2L at Vandy, I really don't know anyone who doesn't have a job offer yet...If you're median or above, you're fine. The school still has prestige.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:04 pm

I'm also a 2L at Vandy, but I know several people ABOVE median that don't have a job...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Wow, these responses are crazy. As a 2L at Vandy, I really don't know anyone who doesn't have a job offer yet...If you're median or above, you're fine. The school still has prestige.
Also a 2L. There are plenty of people without jobs. And some of them are above median.

I don't know if it's because people are drinking the kool-aid or what, but it seems people in our class have a warped idea of the "prestige" Vandy carries. Vandy does not pull the same weight as t14s. Do people understand that students at CCN on down can struggle finding jobs?

To any future Vandy students: the "we are at Vandy, so you're fine at median" argument is just not right. It's probably one reason why people didn't mass mail earlier which might cost people jobs.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Wow, these responses are crazy. As a 2L at Vandy, I really don't know anyone who doesn't have a job offer yet...If you're median or above, you're fine. The school still has prestige.
well as a 3L at vandy, I assure you this sentiment is wrong. I was above median and didn't have an offer at this time last year and know several people who made dean's list who didn't end up with a big firm offer at all. even if being above median gives you a good shot, it doesn't change that anyone can strike out and nosing into people's job search is pretty tactless

Diamond

Post by 06102016 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:20 am

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”