NYU EIW Madness 2015

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273146
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Madness 2015

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:00 pm

CBs from Paul Weiss NY, Gibson LA, Sidley LA, Jones Day LA, Proskauer LA. Had a happy hour with O'Melveny LA last night, but haven't heard since.


Has anyone heard from either Skadden LA (AG), Latham LA (AM)??? I know one person who heard the night of the interview from Latham LA (AM) but haven't heard form anyone else. Would like to be put out of my misery if possible.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273146
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Madness 2015

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:CBs from Paul Weiss NY, Gibson LA, Sidley LA, Jones Day LA, Proskauer LA. Had a happy hour with O'Melveny LA last night, but haven't heard since.


Has anyone heard from either Skadden LA (AG), Latham LA (AM)??? I know one person who heard the night of the interview from Latham LA (AM) but haven't heard form anyone else. Would like to be put out of my misery if possible.


Was the O'Melveny happy hour just for LA or for LA and Century City?

The Latham LA (AM) person was also interviewing for Century City, so that might make a difference - were you interviewing for Century City as well? Maybe you (and I) haven't heard from them because they have to report back to the Century City office first in that case?

RusEsq1
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:52 pm

Re: NYU EIW Madness 2015

Postby RusEsq1 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:CBs from Paul Weiss NY, Gibson LA, Sidley LA, Jones Day LA, Proskauer LA. Had a happy hour with O'Melveny LA last night, but haven't heard since.


Has anyone heard from either Skadden LA (AG), Latham LA (AM)??? I know one person who heard the night of the interview from Latham LA (AM) but haven't heard form anyone else. Would like to be put out of my misery if possible.


Was the O'Melveny happy hour just for LA or for LA and Century City?

The Latham LA (AM) person was also interviewing for Century City, so that might make a difference - were you interviewing for Century City as well? Maybe you (and I) haven't heard from them because they have to report back to the Century City office first in that case?


I was only interviewing for LA. He's an associate, so the fact that he was able to make a CB offer the night of is interesting. I wonder if more are coming next week. And by "wonder if" I mean hope.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273146
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Madness 2015

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:18 pm

CB from Chadbourne (RS).

Anonymous User
Posts: 273146
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Madness 2015

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:19 pm

Has anyone heard from Debevoise (CD)?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273146
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Madness 2015

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:19 pm

Anyone hear from Paul Hastings, Ropes & Gray, or Akin Gump NY?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273146
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Madness 2015

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear from Paul Hastings, Ropes & Gray, or Akin Gump NY?

A friend got Akin Gump and Ropes & Gray - I think both were Thursday. Same friend also got Morgan Lewis tonight.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273146
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Madness 2015

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:31 pm

RusEsq1 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:CBs from Paul Weiss NY, Gibson LA, Sidley LA, Jones Day LA, Proskauer LA. Had a happy hour with O'Melveny LA last night, but haven't heard since.


Has anyone heard from either Skadden LA (AG), Latham LA (AM)??? I know one person who heard the night of the interview from Latham LA (AM) but haven't heard form anyone else. Would like to be put out of my misery if possible.


Was the O'Melveny happy hour just for LA or for LA and Century City?

The Latham LA (AM) person was also interviewing for Century City, so that might make a difference - were you interviewing for Century City as well? Maybe you (and I) haven't heard from them because they have to report back to the Century City office first in that case?


I was only interviewing for LA. He's an associate, so the fact that he was able to make a CB offer the night of is interesting. I wonder if more are coming next week. And by "wonder if" I mean hope.



Seems like you're doing alright overall though, so kudos! Did you go to the Gibson LA dinner? How was it?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273146
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Madness 2015

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:32 pm

Paul Hastings called last night. Sorry but I don't know the interviewer off the top of my head.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273146
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Madness 2015

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:41 pm

Sounds like my Chadbourne ding is incoming since the same initials have popped up twice already.

Cooley secondary offices seem to be moving right now.

Dinged from Fried Frank (AB) yesterday.

RusEsq1
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:52 pm

Re: NYU EIW Madness 2015

Postby RusEsq1 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Paul Hastings called last night. Sorry but I don't know the interviewer off the top of my head.



Paul Hastings LA?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273146
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Madness 2015

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:53 pm

Has anyone heard from Munger (ZB)?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273146
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Madness 2015

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:56 pm

RusEsq1 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Paul Hastings called last night. Sorry but I don't know the interviewer off the top of my head.



Paul Hastings LA?


I got Paul Hastings NY, don't know about LA.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273146
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Madness 2015

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:56 pm

Simpson NY anyone??

Anonymous User
Posts: 273146
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Madness 2015

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:57 pm

Does anyone have the average number of callbacks from each grade range? I know OCS gave out the info at strike a match but I lost it.
Also, is it bad news if we haven't heard from firms we interviewed with on Friday or do they usually wait till Monday for cbs?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273146
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Madness 2015

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
RusEsq1 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Paul Hastings called last night. Sorry but I don't know the interviewer off the top of my head.



Paul Hastings LA?


I got Paul Hastings NY, don't know about LA.


Which interviewer? NB?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273146
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Madness 2015

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
RusEsq1 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Paul Hastings called last night. Sorry but I don't know the interviewer off the top of my head.



Paul Hastings LA?


I got Paul Hastings NY, don't know about LA.


Which interviewer? NB?


DB

Anonymous User
Posts: 273146
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Madness 2015

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:01 pm

Simpson NY (JK) CB on Thursday night :/

Anonymous User
Posts: 273146
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Madness 2015

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:16 pm

So has no one heard back specifically from Paul Hastings (NB)?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273146
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Madness 2015

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:24 pm

Simpson NY (LT) is also out.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273146
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Madness 2015

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:29 pm

Has Simpson NY (NG) gone out yet? Would appreciate if somebody puts me out of my misery...

Anonymous User
Posts: 273146
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Madness 2015

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:55 pm

Has anyone heard from Gibson Dunn NY (AG and RB)? Thanks!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273146
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Madness 2015

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:11 pm

I have Gibson Dunn NY (AG and RB). Sorry :cry:

Anonymous User
Posts: 273146
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Madness 2015

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:So has no one heard back specifically from Paul Hastings (NB)?

I had NB. :?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273146
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Madness 2015

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:22 pm

Simpson NY (NG)???




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.