Must-buys/haves for interview season?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273192
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Must-buys/haves for interview season?

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:38 pm

I'm talking things that you wouldnt expect you'd need until you actually experience it, like portable garment steamer, comfort insoles for heels etc

User avatar
Actus Reus
Posts: 460
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:21 pm

Re: Must-buys/haves for interview season?

Postby Actus Reus » Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:42 pm

Pocket flask

User avatar
nothingtosee
Posts: 865
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 12:08 am

Re: Must-buys/haves for interview season?

Postby nothingtosee » Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I'm talking things that you wouldnt expect you'd need until you actually experience it, like portable garment steamer, comfort insoles for heels etc


the anon abuse is out of control. mods please

Cogburn87
Posts: 467
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:26 pm

Re: Must-buys/haves for interview season?

Postby Cogburn87 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:01 am

nothingtosee wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I'm talking things that you wouldnt expect you'd need until you actually experience it, like portable garment steamer, comfort insoles for heels etc


the anon abuse is out of control. mods please


better safe than sorry. if people knew op's moniker and that she has high arches it would just be a matter of putting two and two together.

buddhabelly
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:44 am

Re: Must-buys/haves for interview season?

Postby buddhabelly » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:06 am

Cogburn87 wrote:
nothingtosee wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I'm talking things that you wouldnt expect you'd need until you actually experience it, like portable garment steamer, comfort insoles for heels etc


the anon abuse is out of control. mods please


better safe than sorry. if people knew op's moniker and that she has high arches it would just be a matter of putting two and two together.


I'm OP. I don't even know why I anon'd, must've been a reflex.

I DO have high arches tho, and I talk about them constantly so everyone at my school probs already knows who I am.

User avatar
Actus Reus
Posts: 460
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:21 pm

Re: Must-buys/haves for interview season?

Postby Actus Reus » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:08 am

In what situation do you bring up arches?

buddhabelly
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:44 am

Re: Must-buys/haves for interview season?

Postby buddhabelly » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:10 am

Actus Reus wrote:In what situation do you bring up arches?


EVERY SITUATION.

User avatar
nothingtosee
Posts: 865
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 12:08 am

Re: Must-buys/haves for interview season?

Postby nothingtosee » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:23 am

I need to get a mini lint roller and a leather padfolio thing
Can you take like a tide stain stick carry on?

buddhabelly
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:44 am

Re: Must-buys/haves for interview season?

Postby buddhabelly » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:41 am

nothingtosee wrote:Can you take like a tide stain stick carry on?


Yes

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13915
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Must-buys/haves for interview season?

Postby rinkrat19 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:57 am

nothingtosee wrote:I need to get a mini lint roller and a leather padfolio thing
Can you take like a tide stain stick carry on?

Why would you not be able to take one? It's not like the LSAT; they're not going to check your clear ziplock bag to make sure you didn't bring an automatic pencil. Carry a tote or attache and put whatever you want in it, up to and including lunch and a Nintendo DS.

User avatar
cookiejar1
Posts: 834
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:07 am

Re: Must-buys/haves for interview season?

Postby cookiejar1 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:39 am

The only major thing that I bought for OCI that I didn't already have was a garment suitcase thingy.

User avatar
pancakes3
Posts: 3900
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:49 pm

Re: Must-buys/haves for interview season?

Postby pancakes3 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:08 am

rinkrat19 wrote:
nothingtosee wrote:I need to get a mini lint roller and a leather padfolio thing
Can you take like a tide stain stick carry on?

Why would you not be able to take one? It's not like the LSAT; they're not going to check your clear ziplock bag to make sure you didn't bring an automatic pencil. Carry a tote or attache and put whatever you want in it, up to and including lunch and a Nintendo DS.


I think it was asked in an airport security context, not interview context.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.