I recently had a call back for a lateral associate position in city A on Thursday of last week. My fiance has also been interviewing in city A and city B. She has an offer that expires in city B next Friday (so about 2 weeks). She is also waiting to hear back from a few call backs in city A (both of our preferred choices). I was not given a time frame regarding the firm's deadline for getting back to me for the call back from Thursday. From my experience from submission of my resume to call back, I can say the firm takes a long time.
Would it be appropriate to email the recruiter on Monday and inform the firm that my fiance has an offer deadline of next Friday and was wondering if it would be at all possible to hear back by then so that we could make a decision in terms of which city to relocate to?
If yes, would it be better to explain (the complicated) situation over phone? Or just be brief in email?
(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.
Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 71
- Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:44 am
I tried to do this with firms as a 1L since I had other offers on hold waiting for them to respond. I emailed them asking for an ETA on a decision and was always met with a very generic response about how they're still reviewing applications. They clearly didn't give any fucks about it, so based on that experience I would say you're Sool. But, maybe they treat laterals better than the human garbage that are 1Ls, so YMMV.
Who is online
The online users are hidden on this forum.