I had 3 interviews through my school's (T2) 3LOL OCI. Two callbacks resulted that both occurred late September. I think both went well, but who knows.
Both firms gave me a turnaround time of one to two weeks. After hearing nothing, I sent an updated resume and transcript to each at the two-week mark (legit-ish reason, grade from independent research project over summer came in). Both replied. Firm #1, said essentially: "Great, thank you!" Firm #2 called me and explained what was going on. Basically, the only reason Firm #2 came to 3L OCI was because one of their 2L summer associates had not accepted Firm #2's offer yet. S/he still hasn't. Firm #2 is waiting on this summer associate to accept/decline their offer. If s/he declines, they will make me an offer. Seems a little blah, but it is what it is.
It has now been c. 1.5 weeks since I followed-up. Silence from both firms. I prefer Firm #1 over #2, but don't want to annoy Firm #1/eff up by following-up again too soon. I plan on reaching out to Firm #2 next week just to figure out if anything is new (I've met several times/had good rapport with one of the interviewer's from Firm #2, and feel pretty comfortable reaching out to him).
Any advice? How should I go about contacting Firm #1 (or, should I?)? At this point, is Firm #1 a rejection and I might as well find out sooner rather than later? Thanks, at the very least, for letting me vent.