3L OCI Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: 3L OCI

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has any one heard back from Weil? I had my CB last week and haven't heard anything.

Should I follow up?
To anon who already did Weil CB: I had one too. Which group did you do it with?
Also, mind sharing stats/SA?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has any one heard back from Weil? I had my CB last week and haven't heard anything.

Should I follow up?
To anon who already did Weil CB: I had one too. Which group did you do it with?
Also, mind sharing stats/SA?

I did it with EE benefits; I know they were interviewing a lot of people for the group.

Medianish at a mid ranked t-14. Summered in the tax group at a B4 in CA; offer received.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:35 pm

DPW posted on GW's simplicity today looking for more people for credit and leveraged finance, FYI.

They already rejected me once this cycle, so i assume there's no reason to apply....but for you all go for it!

Dithyfish

New

Post by Dithyfish » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:38 pm

Rejection from Weil. Having a very bad week--received three callback rejections from V10 firms after having summered at a mid-sized New York firm and getting in offer. The firm that I summered at pays way below market. I can't tell if it is totally over for me or if there is hope into October and basically through the rest of the year. If anyone could shed some light on this, I'd appreciate it. I definitely don't think my interviewing skills were the issue but that there were just so few spots available and I am a transfer student, which perhaps was a ding against me. I transferred to a lower ranked T-14 in the Midwest--although I lived in New York for ten years prior to the start of law school. I'm just feeling a bit down right now.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:50 pm

Last edited by Anonymous User on Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:54 pm

Same for me, Dithy. Just got a rejection from one of my only callbacks, and I worked in-house this summer with no chance of an offer. It's painful, and I just can't stop sweating bullets, and chances are I won't pay off my debt before I die. Well... somehow, someway, we just have to make this work. It's horrible, but we just have to keep moving on. Based on your post, it's possible we go to the same school. I wish you all the best, and let's not give up.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:34 pm

Dithyfish wrote:Rejection from Weil. Having a very bad week--received three callback rejections from V10 firms after having summered at a mid-sized New York firm and getting in offer. The firm that I summered at pays way below market. I can't tell if it is totally over for me or if there is hope into October and basically through the rest of the year. If anyone could shed some light on this, I'd appreciate it. I definitely don't think my interviewing skills were the issue but that there were just so few spots available and I am a transfer student, which perhaps was a ding against me. I transferred to a lower ranked T-14 in the Midwest--although I lived in New York for ten years prior to the start of law school. I'm just feeling a bit down right now.
Are you still mailing firms? Didn't the NalP deadline just pass?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:59 pm

Dithyfish wrote:Rejection from Weil. Having a very bad week--received three callback rejections from V10 firms after having summered at a mid-sized New York firm and getting in offer. The firm that I summered at pays way below market. I can't tell if it is totally over for me or if there is hope into October and basically through the rest of the year. If anyone could shed some light on this, I'd appreciate it. I definitely don't think my interviewing skills were the issue but that there were just so few spots available and I am a transfer student, which perhaps was a ding against me. I transferred to a lower ranked T-14 in the Midwest--although I lived in New York for ten years prior to the start of law school. I'm just feeling a bit down right now.
Anonymous User wrote:Same for me, Dithy. Just got a rejection from one of my only callbacks, and I worked in-house this summer with no chance of an offer. It's painful, and I just can't stop sweating bullets, and chances are I won't pay off my debt before I die. Well... somehow, someway, we just have to make this work. It's horrible, but we just have to keep moving on. Based on your post, it's possible we go to the same school. I wish you all the best, and let's not give up.
Keep up hope, and keep mass-mailing. Something that worked for me: have someone you trust do a few mock interviews with you, and record them. When you watch the mock interviews, keep track of (1) your eye contact, (2) your demeanor (i.e., whether you look happy to be there), (3) energy level, (4) vocal pitch and inflection, and (5) the substance of your responses and how polished they are (i.e., "ums" or "uhs" or other vocal tics). Focusing on these aspects sounds silly and obvious, but it really helped me.

aunt_pearl

New

Post by aunt_pearl » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:08 pm

Hang in there. I know two people who got an offer around this time, and at least one who got an offer in March (yes, March). Just keep sending out resumes and networking, I know its difficult but stuff comes up.

Do you mind saying when your cb with Weil was, and if the rejection came by email/snail mail?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:14 pm

Weil CB yesterday, offer today.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:48 pm

So earlier this morning the recruiting coordinator for Perkins Coie asked to be a connection on linked in. I applied for an entry level associate job about a month ago, and called to follow up this morning. I've had LinkedIn views from recruiting coordinators, but asking to be a connection is a first.
Has this happened to anyone else?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Weil CB yesterday, offer today.
What group did you interview? Do you mind sharing your stats: SA?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
I'd rather pm if possible.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

lawschoolkiddd

New

Post by lawschoolkiddd » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
I'd rather pm if possible.

PM me here, if you would.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:52 am

A little late, but K&E NY callback 2 weeks ago, offer the next day/STB callback last week, offer 5 days later/DPW callback last week, offer two days later. Around median at lower T-14 with very dramatic upward grade trend (awful grades 1L) and V100 SA in a secondary market. It can happen!

Dithyfish

New

Post by Dithyfish » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:47 am

What practice groups?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:35 pm

Lit.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:06 pm

2L who will be going into 3L without an offer . . .

Can someone summarize the process? What's the timeline, and does mass mailing mean mass emailing? What do you send?

FSK

Platinum

Post by FSK » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:2L who will be going into 3L without an offer . . .

Can someone summarize the process? What's the timeline, and does mass mailing mean mass emailing? What do you send?
Get good grades and get out of our thread.
Last edited by FSK on Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:14 pm

flawschoolkid wrote:

Doesn't sound like interviewing is your strength.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:22 pm

Anything from Loeb NY office? Radio silence since applied

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

FSK

Platinum

Post by FSK » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
flawschoolkid wrote:

Doesn't sound like interviewing is your strength.
Nice anon abuse, own your shitpost.
Last edited by FSK on Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:25 pm

Ditto re radio silence at Loeb NY.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:25 pm

Can the person who got offers in all those places--i.e. K &E, STB an DP tell us a little bit about your stats--i.e. are you from New York? Are you URM? Are you from Cornell, Gtown or Northwestern? Thanks!

MCFC

Platinum

Post by MCFC » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:54 pm

It's not really an organized process. Your school may have a 3L OCI, but it will be much smaller than 2L. Yes, mass mailing refers to emailing. Send a resume and transcript to a bunch of recruiting coordinators. Wait.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”