3L OCI Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: 3L OCI

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Just received an interview for a V50 in a primary market. Maybe there's still hope.
Congrats! Stats/group?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:26 pm

Radio silence two weeks after CB with biglaw firm. They said they'd make a decision after one week. Any advice? Should I just wait and see, or should I check in with recruiting/HR?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:39 pm

Foley Lardner Milwaukee office looking to hire incoming Litigation associate, fyi

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:40 pm

Someone at a t10 just accepted an offer at DPW NY. No SA. No WE. Probably low 1L grades . What can u say

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Someone at a t10 just accepted an offer at DPW NY. No SA. No WE. Probably low 1L grades . What can u say
kinda new here, but what's WE?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

BrazilBandit

Bronze

Post by BrazilBandit » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Someone at a t10 just accepted an offer at DPW NY. No SA. No WE. Probably low 1L grades . What can u say
kinda new here, but what's WE?
Work experience

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:33 pm

Can't beat out a T10 person for DPW. I still don't know why they called me back from a T20, what was even the point.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:07 pm

I know of a person that just accepted a V40 offer this week. Non-nyc large market. Keep plugging away guys.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:00 pm

these must be school specific posts. I havent seen postings from big law for entry level for months.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:53 pm

On my school's Symplicity in the past week:

Morgan Lewis (Structured Transactions)
Ashurst
McDermott Will & Emery (Private Client)

all NYC.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:01 pm

Chabourne & Park (NY) looking for incoming Litigation associate.

Pillsbury (DC) looking for incoming Real Estate associate.

K&L Gates (DC) looking for incoming Regulatory associate.

Kirkland (SF) looking for incoming Litigation associate.

Best of luck, guys.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:45 pm

thank you, above kind souls.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:41 pm

What group is Ashurst looking for?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:43 pm

They don't say.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:10 am

Anonymous User wrote:Can't beat out a T10 person for DPW. I still don't know why they called me back from a T20, what was even the point.
Are you still post CB, not rejected yet?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:10 am

Jesus christ, they still have people post cb waiting??? no, i was rejected over a month ago. now that just upsets me they are still stringing people along.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:26 pm

Anyone interview w/chadbourne? Timeline of application - cb - offer? Interview FOrmat? Mine has been strange, want to see if similar experiences.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:01 am

Anyone know anything about compliance officer positions at banks? Wondering if that is a worthwhile application at this point in the game.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone know anything about compliance officer positions at banks? Wondering if that is a worthwhile application at this point in the game.
Yeah I'm wondering the same. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one still flailing around and feeling hopeless. This thread gave me hope... when it was active.

Jones Day is hiring in LA for lit btw.

Dithyfish

New

Post by Dithyfish » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:46 am

I'm struggling. I am a 3L with no job and a clerkship offer for 2018 in the Southern District of New York. I have accepted the federal clerkship but have been unable to secure employment for the next two years. I got the clerkship offer after I did FALL 3L OCI. I'm not really sure how to proceed. When I emailed back firms who rejected me to given them my "updated information," they seemed to not really care about the clerkship. I didn't expect them to change their decision but I was encouraged by other lawyers/career advisors/mentors to email them and let them know about the update. I guess now I am at a loss about who may be hiring litigation associates at this point in New York? Any suggestions? Is the 3L hiring process totally over at this point?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:55 pm

Dithyfish wrote:I'm struggling. I am a 3L with no job and a clerkship offer for 2018 in the Southern District of New York. I have accepted the federal clerkship but have been unable to secure employment for the next two years. I got the clerkship offer after I did FALL 3L OCI. I'm not really sure how to proceed. When I emailed back firms who rejected me to given them my "updated information," they seemed to not really care about the clerkship. I didn't expect them to change their decision but I was encouraged by other lawyers/career advisors/mentors to email them and let them know about the update. I guess now I am at a loss about who may be hiring litigation associates at this point in New York? Any suggestions? Is the 3L hiring process totally over at this point?
No it's not and you need to check every day because things open up, especially in NY

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Dithyfish wrote:I'm struggling. I am a 3L with no job and a clerkship offer for 2018 in the Southern District of New York. I have accepted the federal clerkship but have been unable to secure employment for the next two years. I got the clerkship offer after I did FALL 3L OCI. I'm not really sure how to proceed. When I emailed back firms who rejected me to given them my "updated information," they seemed to not really care about the clerkship. I didn't expect them to change their decision but I was encouraged by other lawyers/career advisors/mentors to email them and let them know about the update. I guess now I am at a loss about who may be hiring litigation associates at this point in New York? Any suggestions? Is the 3L hiring process totally over at this point?
No it's not and you need to check every day because things open up, especially in NY
whats the best way to check? a lot of these places mentioned itt arent on my t14s symplicity

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
whats the best way to check? a lot of these places mentioned itt arent on my t14s symplicity
First, you have to check symplicity every day. Stuff shows up now and then. Second, email career services at your school and let them know you're still looking and to email you when something comes up. Sometimes they have openings that aren't listed on symplicity. Third, check here every day. Stuff shows up now and then. It's not over, just need to put in a little effort and time. Last thing is to just do general networking and reach out to family and friends.

Dithyfish

New

Post by Dithyfish » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:57 pm

Thanks so much for the advice.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:51 am

is it just me or are there no postings at all worth applying to right now?

I've applied to maybe 2 jobs in the past month or so. I check Simplicity everyday but there just aren't any postings or I don't meet qualifications (ie: they're looking for trust and estates, and I have taken no T&E classes).

i go to a top school and been speaking with my cso who told me it's a little slow right now at this time of year. Just wondering if everyone's in the same boat

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”