penn278 wrote:That's why the trading market is about to get really hot! If anyone has any questions or needs advice- hit me up. The key right now is to wait until the canvas board goes up for trading and then hustle like crazy.
Somebody asked about finding the swap board- it won't go up right away until schedules are finalized. This is the message CPP sent out on July 28th last year:
Swaps will be processed beginning today.
In order to swap an interview:
1. Students must be in the same class year.
2. Students must be interviewing for the same office location (a limited exception exists for schedules that share slots among multiple locations, denoted by an [s] on the spreadsheet on our website).
3. Once a swap has been agreed upon, one of the students involved must email CP&P (copying the other party to the swap) indicating the same.
4. Swaps must be submitted by 12:00 noon 2 business days before the scheduled interview (i.e. if the interview is Wednesday, August 6, swaps must be submitted by noon on Monday, August 4. If the interview is Monday, August 11, swaps must be submitted by noon on Thursday, August 7.).
5. Swaps will be executed once daily; please be patient and wait for a confirmation email that your swap has been completed in Symplicity.
In order to find someone to replace you or swap with you on a schedule, you are welcome to use the discussion board in the Canvas course "OCI interviews". Click "+Discussion" and enter a title, description, and beginning and end dates for your post. Be sure to include the employer name, interview location, date and time (i.e. "Interview available: Cravath, NYC, August 12, 9:20 a.m.") and your contact information. Click "Save" and then "Publish" to publish your post. Please delete your post once you have agreed to swap with a classmate.
If you are seeking to stay on a schedule, but swap times, please note that you are able to view the names of your classmates also on the schedule through Symplicity by clicking on the Scheduled Interviews tab and then on the date to the left of each interview. You may contact them directly to determine if anyone is willing to swap times with you.
Students may sign up for slots still available on any schedule through Symplicity beginning today, Monday, July 28 at 5:00 p.m. EST. To do so, click on the OCI tab. The date next to any schedules with open slots will be displayed as a button. Click on that button and choose the time slot you would like as well as a resume to be attached to your bid, and click Sign Up. Each student will be able to sign up for a maximum of 2 open slots per day. Open slot signups for each employer will close at 5:00 p.m. EST 2 days before the applicable interview date. A list of schedules with open slots as of today is attached."