Penn OCI 2015 (C/O 2017)

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273446
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Penn OCI 2015 (C/O 2017)

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:20 pm

Friends reporting dechert philly, Covington DC and NYC, Paul Hastings

Anonymous User
Posts: 273446
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Penn OCI 2015 (C/O 2017)

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:32 pm

If you're someone who knows hearing about CBs from others stresses you out, then stay away from this thread. For those of us who like to know when others have gotten CBs, and therefore focus our employment efforts elsewhere instead of relying on blissful ignorance, this thread is helpful info.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273446
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Penn OCI 2015 (C/O 2017)

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:34 pm

Mayer Brown NY interviewer AB

User avatar
ymmv
Posts: 13020
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:36 pm

Re: Penn OCI 2015 (C/O 2017)

Postby ymmv » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:If you're someone who knows hearing about CBs from others stresses you out, then stay away from this thread. For those of us who like to know when others have gotten CBs, and therefore focus our employment efforts elsewhere instead of relying on blissful ignorance, this thread is helpful info.


Knowing when other people got CBs tells you nothing about when you might or might not get a CB.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273446
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Penn OCI 2015 (C/O 2017)

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:48 pm

^ Then why do you follow this thread?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273446
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Penn OCI 2015 (C/O 2017)

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:49 pm

Anyone hear anything from Proskauer NY? Interviewer name?

User avatar
ymmv
Posts: 13020
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:36 pm

Re: Penn OCI 2015 (C/O 2017)

Postby ymmv » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:^ Then why do you follow this thread?


Because those of us who've been through this process occasionally have a little bit of insight to offer?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273446
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Penn OCI 2015 (C/O 2017)

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear anything from Proskauer NY? Interviewer name?


CB w/ LW.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273446
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Penn OCI 2015 (C/O 2017)

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:19 am

I am a Penn 3L who is incredibly disappointed at this display from the 2L class. Seriously? People are advertising *how many* callbacks they have gotten? Grow up.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273446
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Penn OCI 2015 (C/O 2017)

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:56 am

Immaturity gets worse every single year. Can't wait to see next year.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273446
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Penn OCI 2015 (C/O 2017)

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:21 am

PennBull wrote:Friendly reminder that posting in/checking on this thread only stresses you/others out and changes nothing

If you're concerned about whether you're getting callbacks or not, relax, you are just fine.


I mean, honestly, I'm looking at 15 interviews and zero callbacks which seems to indicate that I'm not "just fine", so as much as I appreciate the sentiment I think that if you know you're doing badly and have one or zero callbacks it may be time to change up your strategy or something.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273446
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Penn OCI 2015 (C/O 2017)

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:40 am

Idk I think tls just brings out the worst in it because of the anonymity. I've seen nothing but supportive people at oci this year, no one is really talking about cbs publicly although it happens within close groups I'm sure. Idk if this class has been messed up to each other in person I haven't seen or heard of it. Tls I agree is a different situation and I'd like to see people treat each other better here too, but don't assume it's representative of how we treat each other!
I also agree that while it's anxiety inducing, I'd rather know that cbs went out and I didn't get one so I can improve my interview game on the next one.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273446
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Penn OCI 2015 (C/O 2017)

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:51 am

Question for the upperclassmen/alums ITT:

If you're a median student and an OK interviewer, when should you be getting callbacks from all of these firms? Like my LR friend already got CB's at Schulte, Fried Frank, Proskauer, etc... but he's not really interested in those firms. So when will us median dudes start getting some love? Or are your chances at a CB essentially zero if the interview happened more than 2 days ago?


Also, do any of the upperclassmen/alums ITT have any insight as to whether people who are at median but have wildly varying grades (I got 3 A's and 3 B-'s) ever get a job?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273446
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Penn OCI 2015 (C/O 2017)

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:45 am

Weil cb yesterday night.

User avatar
ymmv
Posts: 13020
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:36 pm

Re: Penn OCI 2015 (C/O 2017)

Postby ymmv » Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:50 am

Anonymous User wrote: Or are your chances at a CB essentially zero if the interview happened more than 2 days ago?


Not at all. CBs frequently come in after longer than that. Sometimes (but rarely) weeks, even.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273446
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Penn OCI 2015 (C/O 2017)

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:55 am

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I hear the process is somewhat like rolling admissions. Some ppl will get a cb right away, while some are on hold to see how many ppl are scheduling them.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273446
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Penn OCI 2015 (C/O 2017)

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:01 am

Anonymous User wrote:Idk I think tls just brings out the worst in it because of the anonymity. I've seen nothing but supportive people at oci this year, no one is really talking about cbs publicly although it happens within close groups I'm sure. Idk if this class has been messed up to each other in person I haven't seen or heard of it. Tls I agree is a different situation and I'd like to see people treat each other better here too, but don't assume it's representative of how we treat each other!
I also agree that while it's anxiety inducing, I'd rather know that cbs went out and I didn't get one so I can improve my interview game on the next one.


No. None of the other threads are exhibiting such gross behavior to this extent. And last years behavior was not quite this bad. Penn Students ITT need to stop embarrassing the school. Remember: no one will ever like you because you are smart , successful, or "prestigious"; but they will like you for being nice.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273446
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Penn OCI 2015 (C/O 2017)

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:09 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Idk I think tls just brings out the worst in it because of the anonymity. I've seen nothing but supportive people at oci this year, no one is really talking about cbs publicly although it happens within close groups I'm sure. Idk if this class has been messed up to each other in person I haven't seen or heard of it. Tls I agree is a different situation and I'd like to see people treat each other better here too, but don't assume it's representative of how we treat each other!
I also agree that while it's anxiety inducing, I'd rather know that cbs went out and I didn't get one so I can improve my interview game on the next one.


No. None of the other threads are exhibiting such gross behavior to this extent. And last years behavior was not quite this bad. Penn Students ITT need to stop embarrassing the school. Remember: no one will ever like you because you are smart , successful, or "prestigious"; but they will like you for being nice.


Settle down. I am happy people are sharing callback info. Give the rest of us an idea about what firms are moving. Sure, people posting how many they have is a bit obnoxious, but hardly "embarrassing"

Anonymous User
Posts: 273446
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Penn OCI 2015 (C/O 2017)

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:11 am

ymmv wrote:
Anonymous User wrote: Or are your chances at a CB essentially zero if the interview happened more than 2 days ago?


Not at all. CBs frequently come in after longer than that. Sometimes (but rarely) weeks, even.


This is comforting. I wish this process was more admissions-ish and we had a concrete timeline from the firms about their schedule.

User avatar
PennBull
Posts: 15419
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:59 pm

Re: Penn OCI 2015 (C/O 2017)

Postby PennBull » Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
PennBull wrote:Friendly reminder that posting in/checking on this thread only stresses you/others out and changes nothing

If you're concerned about whether you're getting callbacks or not, relax, you are just fine.


I mean, honestly, I'm looking at 15 interviews and zero callbacks which seems to indicate that I'm not "just fine", so as much as I appreciate the sentiment I think that if you know you're doing badly and have one or zero callbacks it may be time to change up your strategy or something.


Checking this thread doesn't help you.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273446
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Penn OCI 2015 (C/O 2017)

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:29 pm

Weil interviewer initials who gave out CBs?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273446
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Penn OCI 2015 (C/O 2017)

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Weil interviewer initials who gave out CBs?

Pretty sure it was all of them because they had a callback reception last night.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273446
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Penn OCI 2015 (C/O 2017)

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:09 pm

Still no Dechert NY news?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273446
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Penn OCI 2015 (C/O 2017)

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Still no Dechert NY news?


Think only the Philly office has made callbacks.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273446
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Penn OCI 2015 (C/O 2017)

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:24 pm

any news today?




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.