Skadden Split Summers Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Skadden Split Summers

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:58 am

I've heard Skadden is very open to allowing split summers between its offices such as NY/LA but does that only go for those who receive offers from the NY office? If an SA offer was given by the Wilmington office, does anyone know if they would they allow a split with LA (or NY)?

NoLongerALurker

Bronze

Re: Skadden Split Summers

Post by NoLongerALurker » Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:35 pm

It will be fine, almost certainly.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:38 am

Everyone splitting in my office is between here and NY, dunno what the rule says though

TTTooKewl

New

Post by TTTooKewl » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:56 am

I don't know this, but it seems to me that it would be easier to split between NY / LA if you received an LA offer. If everyone from LA split summer in NY, NY would have 100 instead of 90 summers. Not that big of a deal. If the reverse happened, LA would have 100 summers instead of 10.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:56 pm

TTTooKewl wrote:I don't know this, but it seems to me that it would be easier to split between NY / LA if you received an LA offer. If everyone from LA split summer in NY, NY would have 100 instead of 90 summers. Not that big of a deal. If the reverse happened, LA would have 100 summers instead of 10.
Thanks for the replies. Anyone know if those splitting with Skadden usually get permanent offers from both offices?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:32 pm

If you have any interest in joining a non-NYC office after graduation, make sure that office is the one you spend the bulk of your time in.

In my experience as a Skadden SA, I knew of a few people who split evenly or spent most of their time in NYC and a few weeks in a satellite office. Those people were given full offers in NY, but were told they would not have any preference in their practice group placements in the smaller offices.

I also knew of people that spent the bulk of their summer in a satellite and spent 2 weeks (and in some cases no time at all) in the NYC office, asked to be placed in NYC and were granted the request without hesitation.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”