Cornell 2015 AJF/BOJF/DCJF/OCI

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
FriedKentuckyChicken
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:39 pm

Re: Cornell 2015 AJF/BOJF/DCJF/OCI

Postby FriedKentuckyChicken » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:01 pm

runinthefront wrote:
FriedKentuckyChicken wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Wachtell cb


Literally no reason to post this other than for bragging rights.

That said congrats, good luck, kick ass, and get some more CorLS repped at the big show. Remember the rule of Wachtell: the firm strives to balance work with life by giving you work equal to the time that you are alive.


How is that post any different than any other post on this thread? There will be other people wanting to know if CBs went out at that firm--similar to how some of us want to know about Cravath through Strooke. Calm yourself, man. Don't be that guy.


I literally congratulated and encouraged him/her right after. Was meant to be a joke cause lets face it, a CB at WLRK is basically the muttz nuttz of bragging rights.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273479
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell 2015 AJF/BOJF/DCJF/OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:57 am

anyone hear back from Jones Day? I had a CB over 2 weeks ago and heard nothing :(

User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3098
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Cornell 2015 AJF/BOJF/DCJF/OCI

Postby Lavitz » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:22 am

FriedKentuckyChicken wrote:
runinthefront wrote:
FriedKentuckyChicken wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Wachtell cb


Literally no reason to post this other than for bragging rights.

That said congrats, good luck, kick ass, and get some more CorLS repped at the big show. Remember the rule of Wachtell: the firm strives to balance work with life by giving you work equal to the time that you are alive.


How is that post any different than any other post on this thread? There will be other people wanting to know if CBs went out at that firm--similar to how some of us want to know about Cravath through Strooke. Calm yourself, man. Don't be that guy.


I literally congratulated and encouraged him/her right after. Was meant to be a joke cause lets face it, a CB at WLRK is basically the muttz nuttz of bragging rights.


I assumed it was a troll.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273479
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell 2015 AJF/BOJF/DCJF/OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:10 am

Anonymous User wrote:anyone hear back from Jones Day? I had a CB over 2 weeks ago and heard nothing :(


Same here. I even sent a follow-up email on Monday August 17 but have not heard back anything. Planning on calling them on Monday for sure.

Babum
Posts: 192
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:55 pm

Re: Cornell 2015 AJF/BOJF/DCJF/OCI

Postby Babum » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:32 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:anyone hear back from Jones Day? I had a CB over 2 weeks ago and heard nothing :(


Same here. I even sent a follow-up email on Monday August 17 but have not heard back anything. Planning on calling them on Monday for sure.


I would argue against calling if you have already sent an email. They know what they are doing, perhaps they are just busy.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273479
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell 2015 AJF/BOJF/DCJF/OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:35 am

I heard back from Jones Day last week from their LA office and desperately tried to schedule a CB before school started. However, nothing but silence since. They seem to be swamped right now so don't give up hope as it springs eternal.

FriedKentuckyChicken
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:39 pm

Re: Cornell 2015 AJF/BOJF/DCJF/OCI

Postby FriedKentuckyChicken » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:41 am

Lavitz wrote:
FriedKentuckyChicken wrote:
runinthefront wrote:
FriedKentuckyChicken wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Wachtell cb


Literally no reason to post this other than for bragging rights.

That said congrats, good luck, kick ass, and get some more CorLS repped at the big show. Remember the rule of Wachtell: the firm strives to balance work with life by giving you work equal to the time that you are alive.


How is that post any different than any other post on this thread? There will be other people wanting to know if CBs went out at that firm--similar to how some of us want to know about Cravath through Strooke. Calm yourself, man. Don't be that guy.


I literally congratulated and encouraged him/her right after. Was meant to be a joke cause lets face it, a CB at WLRK is basically the muttz nuttz of bragging rights.


I assumed it was a troll.


Apologies for miscommunicating my intentions. Please forgive me Lavitz. I prostrate myself upon the floor humbly begging for forgiveness.

User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3098
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Cornell 2015 AJF/BOJF/DCJF/OCI

Postby Lavitz » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:20 am

FriedKentuckyChicken wrote:Apologies for miscommunicating my intentions. Please forgive me Lavitz. I prostrate myself upon the floor humbly begging for forgiveness.

I barely remember making that post, but I meant I assumed the person claiming a Wachtell CB was a troll. But I guess it is possible to get one from directly applying as opposed to "mysterious voicemail."

ETA: Nobody told me (until now) that Wachtell did a resume collect this year, which would explain the phone screeners, and would justify someone posting about a CB.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273479
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell 2015 AJF/BOJF/DCJF/OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:11 pm

Willkie post-CB ding (via snail mail). CB 08/11

Anonymous User
Posts: 273479
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell 2015 AJF/BOJF/DCJF/OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:52 pm

Hughes Hubbard ding (via snail mail)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273479
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell 2015 AJF/BOJF/DCJF/OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:35 pm

Goodwin boston offer cb date 8 20

Anonymous User
Posts: 273479
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell 2015 AJF/BOJF/DCJF/OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:21 pm

Jones Day offer, CB 8/6

Anonymous User
Posts: 273479
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell 2015 AJF/BOJF/DCJF/OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:25 am

Debevoise post-CB ding. CB 8/11

Anonymous User
Posts: 273479
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell 2015 AJF/BOJF/DCJF/OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:49 am

Dechert post-CB ding via snail mail. CB 08/13.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273479
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell 2015 AJF/BOJF/DCJF/OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:00 am

Wilson Sonsini AJF screener ding 8/27

Anonymous User
Posts: 273479
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell 2015 AJF/BOJF/DCJF/OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:03 pm

Arnold & Porter NYC post-CB ding via snail mail. CB 8/12

Anonymous User
Posts: 273479
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell 2015 AJF/BOJF/DCJF/OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:01 pm

Clifford Chance - Post CB Ding - CB was on 8/19 (last Wednesday) - via snail mail

Anonymous User
Posts: 273479
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell 2015 AJF/BOJF/DCJF/OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:08 pm

Dechert post-CB ding via snail mail. CB 08/10.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273479
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell 2015 AJF/BOJF/DCJF/OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:26 pm

Stroock post-CB ding. CB on 08/07.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273479
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell 2015 AJF/BOJF/DCJF/OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:23 pm

Received a reimbursement check in the mail today. I must commend Dechert on their expedient processing. Check received less than 1 week after the submission.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273479
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell 2015 AJF/BOJF/DCJF/OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Received a reimbursement check in the mail today. I must commend Dechert on their expedient processing. Check received less than 1 week after the submission.


Same here. I'm pleasantly surprised. Other firms are extremely slow in that regard, considering that Dechert was one of the last firms I interviewed.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273479
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell 2015 AJF/BOJF/DCJF/OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:25 pm

Paul Hastings AJF Screener Ding

Anonymous User
Posts: 273479
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell 2015 AJF/BOJF/DCJF/OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:11 pm

Hogan Lovell Ding; never even screened or applied....they really didn't want me.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273479
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell 2015 AJF/BOJF/DCJF/OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:37 am

Seward & Kissel post-CB ding. Also heard that offers went out for them as well.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273479
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell 2015 AJF/BOJF/DCJF/OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:27 am

Any CBs from OCI yet?




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.