Cornell 2015 AJF/BOJF/DCJF/OCI

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273147
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell 2015 AJF/BOJF/DCJF/OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:02 am

This may be a basic/newbie question, but what if we haven't heard back from screeners?

There a few firms I interviewed with, which no one here has reported hearing back from. There are other firms which I interviewed with, but either for different offices or with different interviewers than those who reported receiving a response. Do folks know when we should follow up on these?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273147
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell 2015 AJF/BOJF/DCJF/OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:03 am

Ropes and Gray Callback - JB

Anonymous User
Posts: 273147
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell 2015 AJF/BOJF/DCJF/OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:29 am

Orrick ding

User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3096
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Cornell 2015 AJF/BOJF/DCJF/OCI

Postby Lavitz » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:44 am

Anonymous User wrote:This may be a basic/newbie question, but what if we haven't heard back from screeners?

There a few firms I interviewed with, which no one here has reported hearing back from. There are other firms which I interviewed with, but either for different offices or with different interviewers than those who reported receiving a response. Do folks know when we should follow up on these?

From last year's thread:
ImNoScar wrote:As an aside, if it's been over a week and you haven't heard, you should follow up with the attorney that you screened with and say you are very interested and look forward to hearing from the firm. Some firms, especially those with smaller summer classes, can take a while to give out callbacks.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273147
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell 2015 AJF/BOJF/DCJF/OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:45 am

So far I have gone 7/8 for Cbs with all elite firms on Monday, and like 2/8 for firms on Tuesday, with 3 official dings. Anyone having a similar experience? With seriously divergent callback numbers between the days?

User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3096
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Cornell 2015 AJF/BOJF/DCJF/OCI

Postby Lavitz » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:That seems like a good CB-Offer turn around time. Any data on turn around times and percentages? There's a rumor, for example, that S&C has a high CB-Offer ratio.

Lavitz wrote:
ImNoScar wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:After lurking the Columbia/NYU OCI threads, I kind of wish that Cornell had a "first failed bid" list. Basically, it appears like the aforementioned school's Career Services gives them a list of firms and a rough guide as to how high you probably should bid them depending on your interest level (e.g., "the highest a person bid on Cahill and failed to receive a screening interview was at #5").

That would be super helpful

Yeah that would be helpful, but that's what 2Ls and 3Ls are for. However, what is super helpful that Columbia does publish are callback to offer ratios for firms. Search the prior years thread for that, I'll also try to track the one down from our year.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =399774523

http://www.law.columbia.edu/null/downlo ... _id=611272

Anonymous User
Posts: 273147
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell 2015 AJF/BOJF/DCJF/OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:22 pm

Clifford Chance - RP

Anonymous User
Posts: 273147
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell 2015 AJF/BOJF/DCJF/OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:So far I have gone 7/8 for Cbs with all elite firms on Monday, and like 2/8 for firms on Tuesday, with 3 official dings. Anyone having a similar experience? With seriously divergent callback numbers between the days?


Clever way to brag yourself anon.

Babum
Posts: 192
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:55 pm

Re: Cornell 2015 AJF/BOJF/DCJF/OCI

Postby Babum » Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:So far I have gone 7/8 for Cbs with all elite firms on Monday, and like 2/8 for firms on Tuesday, with 3 official dings. Anyone having a similar experience? With seriously divergent callback numbers between the days?


Clever way to brag yourself anon.


I think it was a rather sad attempt

User avatar
runthetrap1990
Posts: 358
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:38 pm

Re: Cornell 2015 AJF/BOJF/DCJF/OCI

Postby runthetrap1990 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:30 pm

Babum wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:So far I have gone 7/8 for Cbs with all elite firms on Monday, and like 2/8 for firms on Tuesday, with 3 official dings. Anyone having a similar experience? With seriously divergent callback numbers between the days?


Clever way to brag yourself anon.


I think it was a rather sad attempt


5/10 for the sensible chuckle.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273147
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell 2015 AJF/BOJF/DCJF/OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:31 pm

Thank you emails after CB - yes or no?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273147
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell 2015 AJF/BOJF/DCJF/OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:33 pm

I haven't sent thank you emails after cb fwiw, and TLS is inconclusive on this matter, sadly.

User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3096
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Cornell 2015 AJF/BOJF/DCJF/OCI

Postby Lavitz » Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Thank you emails after CB - yes or no?

For NYC, I'm in "no" camp, but it shouldn't matter. viewtopic.php?f=23&t=252354

Anonymous User
Posts: 273147
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell 2015 AJF/BOJF/DCJF/OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:05 pm

If anyone out there had their DPW CB yesterday (8/6) and gets an offer, please post here!

I feel like suuuuuchhhhh a fraud staying at this fancy hotel with no offer. :oops:

Anonymous User
Posts: 273147
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell 2015 AJF/BOJF/DCJF/OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:36 pm

To the DPW offeree(congrats!!) were you lit or corporate? Or does it matter?

Bad news if we had callback tues/wed and haven't heard yet?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273147
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell 2015 AJF/BOJF/DCJF/OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:46 pm

Cooley ding.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273147
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell 2015 AJF/BOJF/DCJF/OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:51 pm

Richards Layton ding (by email, since I didn't have mailing address on CV) rest should be sent by email.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273147
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell 2015 AJF/BOJF/DCJF/OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:02 pm

Pepper Hamilton CB (philly)

User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3096
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Cornell 2015 AJF/BOJF/DCJF/OCI

Postby Lavitz » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:To the DPW offeree(congrats!!) were you lit or corporate? Or does it matter?

Bad news if we had callback tues/wed and haven't heard yet?

That really shouldn't matter.

DPW usually moves fast, but can be erratic. See http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 3&t=215642 ; viewtopic.php?f=23&t=215944 ; viewtopic.php?f=23&t=191641 .

Anonymous User
Posts: 273147
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell 2015 AJF/BOJF/DCJF/OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:17 pm

Weil Ding

Anonymous User
Posts: 273147
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell 2015 AJF/BOJF/DCJF/OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:30 pm

Weil ding AC
Debevoise ding PI
Cadwalader ding

Anonymous User
Posts: 273147
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell 2015 AJF/BOJF/DCJF/OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:32 pm

Wilson Sonsini CB - JM
Paul Hastings (LA) CB - KB

Anonymous User
Posts: 273147
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell 2015 AJF/BOJF/DCJF/OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:57 pm

morris nichols ding

Anonymous User
Posts: 273147
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell 2015 AJF/BOJF/DCJF/OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:10 pm

NYC Law Department Callback

Anonymous User
Posts: 273147
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell 2015 AJF/BOJF/DCJF/OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:30 pm

Cadwalader ding - JW




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.