Northwestern OCI 2015

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
User avatar
feralinfant
Posts: 887
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:54 pm

Re: Northwestern OCI 2015

Postby feralinfant » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:04 pm

So this is such a shit profession that people actually have opinions about this stuff but guys here is the actual answer:

Printer paper=honestly not a big deal to use it.

If by resume paper, people mean white cardstock that is just "nicer" than printer paper= use it. I would even say this is the ideal option.

If by resume paper people mean off-white American Psycho business card type paper = don't use it.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273104
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Northwestern OCI 2015

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:41 pm

Sidley chi projects 50 summers in 2016


HOW can they give 50 offers?!

User avatar
cookiejar1
Posts: 834
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:07 am

Re: Northwestern OCI 2015

Postby cookiejar1 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Sidley chi projects 50 summers in 2016


HOW can they give 50 offers?!


NU will constitute only part of their class. Although they might hand out 30-40 offers ... I don't know what their historical yield is for NU so can't tell.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273104
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Northwestern OCI 2015

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:50 pm

Sorry I wasn't clear


I meant how can they give out 50 offers at the end of summer 2016 assuming everyone does a good job and 100-% offer rate etc

User avatar
moneyball026
Posts: 208
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:07 am

Re: Northwestern OCI 2015

Postby moneyball026 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Sorry I wasn't clear


I meant how can they give out 50 offers at the end of summer 2016 assuming everyone does a good job and 100-% offer rate etc


because that's how biglaw works?

User avatar
Cobretti
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am

Re: Northwestern OCI 2015

Postby Cobretti » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Sorry I wasn't clear


I meant how can they give out 50 offers at the end of summer 2016 assuming everyone does a good job and 100-% offer rate etc

see New York

User avatar
Desert Fox
Progressively loosing literacy
Posts: 14376
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:34 pm

DFTHREAD

Postby Desert Fox » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:42 pm

Image
Last edited by Desert Fox on Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Cobretti
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am

Re: Northwestern OCI 2015

Postby Cobretti » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:50 pm

feralinfant wrote:So this is such a shit profession that people actually have opinions about this stuff but guys here is the actual answer:

Printer paper=honestly not a big deal to use it.

If by resume paper, people mean white cardstock that is just "nicer" than printer paper= use it. I would even say this is the ideal option.

If by resume paper people mean off-white American Psycho business card type paper = don't use it.

Totally disagree, watermark or bust.
I'm kidding, don't do that

Anonymous User
Posts: 273104
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Northwestern OCI 2015

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:51 pm

Cobretti wrote:
feralinfant wrote:So this is such a shit profession that people actually have opinions about this stuff but guys here is the actual answer:

Printer paper=honestly not a big deal to use it.

If by resume paper, people mean white cardstock that is just "nicer" than printer paper= use it. I would even say this is the ideal option.

If by resume paper people mean off-white American Psycho business card type paper = don't use it.

Totally disagree, watermark or bust.
I'm kidding, don't do that


wait what the fuck are you guys not printing out your resume at 600 ppi? jesus guys

User avatar
cookiejar1
Posts: 834
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:07 am

Re: Northwestern OCI 2015

Postby cookiejar1 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Cobretti wrote:
feralinfant wrote:So this is such a shit profession that people actually have opinions about this stuff but guys here is the actual answer:

Printer paper=honestly not a big deal to use it.

If by resume paper, people mean white cardstock that is just "nicer" than printer paper= use it. I would even say this is the ideal option.

If by resume paper people mean off-white American Psycho business card type paper = don't use it.

Totally disagree, watermark or bust.
I'm kidding, don't do that


wait what the fuck are you guys not printing out your resume at 600 ppi? jesus guys


whoops this was me. and for what it's worth my resume had color in it and i used pantone colors.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273104
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Northwestern OCI 2015

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:42 pm

Jeez...don't you guys know that <600 dpi monochrome = auto ding?

User avatar
Cobretti
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am

Re: Northwestern OCI 2015

Postby Cobretti » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Jeez...don't you guys know that <600 dpi monochrome = auto ding?

600 dpi? What are you a farmer? I hired a calligrapher to hand write mine. Flew him in from the Vatican.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273104
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Northwestern OCI 2015

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:32 pm

1 day down. Still super early, but no cbs yet. Post em if you got em, and congrats if you do!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273104
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Northwestern OCI 2015

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:34 pm

.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273104
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Northwestern OCI 2015

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:52 pm

I thought we agreed no informabragging.

personofinterest
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:13 pm

Re: Northwestern OCI 2015

Postby personofinterest » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:27 pm

I am an offer-less incoming 2L. I want to hear about callbacks and offers. If your self esteem cannot handle hearing about other people's callbacks and offers, then do not check TLS. "We" did not decide on anything. A couple people complained, but they do not speak for everyone. Grow up.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273104
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Northwestern OCI 2015

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I thought we agreed no informabragging.


honestly, some random 3L decided we shouldn't informabrag. i'm perfectly fine with informabragging because i'd rather know if someone got a CB at a firm I interviewed with. maybe some other people who are currently going through OCI want to weigh in on the question: to informabrag or no to informabrag

Anonymous User
Posts: 273104
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Northwestern OCI 2015

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:29 pm

personofinterest wrote:I am an offer-less incoming 2L. I want to hear about callbacks and offers. If your self esteem cannot handle hearing about other people's callbacks and offers, then do not check TLS. "We" did not decide on anything. A couple people complained, but they do not speak for everyone. Grow up.


1000000% agree

Anonymous User
Posts: 273104
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Northwestern OCI 2015

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I thought we agreed no informabragging.


honestly, some random 3L decided we shouldn't informabrag. i'm perfectly fine with informabragging because i'd rather know if someone got a CB at a firm I interviewed with. maybe some other people who are currently going through OCI want to weigh in on the question: to informabrag or no to informabrag

it wasnt even a 3L, it was a graduate. infobrag all you want and people can and should avoid this forum if they dont want it. what is the point of this forum on this date if not for this very information? if you wish to avoid this forum because of the impending infobragging, i highly doubt youre missing anything crucial about OCI by your avoidance at this point.

User avatar
BaberhamLincoln
Posts: 2973
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:50 pm

Re: Northwestern OCI 2015

Postby BaberhamLincoln » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:34 pm

All good points


0 OCI callbacks for me so far, but will post if it happens

crumb cake
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:36 pm

Re: Northwestern OCI 2015

Postby crumb cake » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:26 pm

I don't even understand how it could be informabragging if you're posting anonymously.

User avatar
JohannDeMann
Posts: 13830
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:25 pm

Re: Northwestern OCI 2015

Postby JohannDeMann » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:31 pm

just dont do it. its not beneficial or constructive.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273104
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Northwestern OCI 2015

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:40 pm

JohannDeMann wrote:just dont do it. its not beneficial or constructive.

here is the counter:

1. if you dont want to see it, dont go on this forum. look at the 2014 thread from the beginning of OCI until the end of OCI. there is nothing else on there of value besides callback/not callback info. you arent missing out by ignoring it.

2. there are people out there who do want this information and find it both beneficial and constructive - it could lead to fewer stress through finality and closure. so there is a clear solution for those who do not find it these things: dont go on here. and those people's simple solution should not impede others from getting something beneficial and constructive.

User avatar
JohannDeMann
Posts: 13830
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:25 pm

Re: Northwestern OCI 2015

Postby JohannDeMann » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:42 pm

it doesnt matter if you think its constructive or not, its not constructive or beneficial. for experiment purposes, lets just not do it this year and see what happens. if people start posting information, i encourage others to post false information.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273104
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Northwestern OCI 2015

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:44 pm

JohannDeMann wrote:it doesnt matter if you think its constructive or not, its not constructive or beneficial.


ah ok, since you dont think its constructive, its not constructive. i concede this argument.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.