DFTHREAD

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
rpupkin

Re: DF, Will I get an offer 2015

Postby rpupkin » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:All my research assignments are paraphrased treatise sections and blog posts. Offer?

Make sure that you bill 3.5 hours for your 30 minutes of copying and pasting. That will show that you "get it."

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:41 pm

Me: I had Professor X for Tax I

Partner (fellow alumnus): Me too!

Me: Really? I thought he only started teaching there like 20 years ago.

threecharacters

Postby threecharacters » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I had a milkshake with lunch and dairy does not sit well with me. Silently kept farting throughout hour long meeting. Cast the occasional disgusted look at the dumpy SA near me during the meeting b/c of obvious smell. Don't think anyone suspected me.

Not OP, but this was the only thing in this thread to make me lol. DF, what say you?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:36 pm

Junior partner jokingly (I think) called me out for not shaving today. Offer?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:48 pm

Went to Chipotle with some midlevels. Ordered 3 tacos with extra white rice and sour cream, and a little cheese and hot salsa. They were giving me weird looks as I made relayed my usual order. Offer?

anyriotgirl

Postby anyriotgirl » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Went to Chipotle with some midlevels. Ordered 3 tacos with extra white rice and sour cream, and a little cheese and hot salsa. They were giving me weird looks as I made relayed my usual order. Offer?

no way, rice doesn't go on tacos

Desert Fox
Progressively loosing literacy

DFTHREAD

Postby Desert Fox » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:33 pm

Last edited by Desert Fox on Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:14 pm

threecharacters wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I had a milkshake with lunch and dairy does not sit well with me. Silently kept farting throughout hour long meeting. Cast the occasional disgusted look at the dumpy SA near me during the meeting b/c of obvious smell. Don't think anyone suspected me.

Not OP, but this was the only thing in this thread to make me lol. DF, what say you?
OP of that story. That SA got a cold-offer. Not flame.

DJ JD

Postby DJ JD » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:54 pm

pancakes3 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:DF I'm scared. Last night I went out to my first taco Tuesday with some girl (717) I met on Tinder. After a couple of drinks and some banter we start making out. Things are going well so I invite her back to the firm to impress her some more. It works. We have a quick 30 minute sex session in my office and head over to her place afterwards. This morning I walk into the office with my secretary and the first thing we notice is a pair of panties on the floor. Because I'm an idiot I blurt out, "oh did you drop these?" She did not laugh. Did a quick walk back and told her I was joking and that they actually belonged to my SO. She continued to be unamused.

No offer?

http://memecrunch.com/meme/12JHS/you-fe ... /image.png

:lol:

DJ JD

Postby DJ JD » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:57 pm

Capitol_Idea wrote:
Danger Zone wrote:
zacharus85 wrote:Is it like older males creeping on young female SA's? That seems plausible I guess.

Young associate of any gender with SA of any gender seems fairly plausible, no? Why's it gotta be creepy old people

Yeah that's probably fair. Most of my SA peers still seem like college kids and even the young associates seem like real adults, but there isn't really THAT much age difference between a junior and a SA so it's all plausible.

I just think it would be an insurmountable emotional maturity gap but now that I type that it's sounding more like a 'me' thing and not likely a general rule.

Also I think I'm not at a crazy sextopia firm like some of y'all :P

Jeez, you're acting like people have the same standard when hooking up that they'd have when choosing a SO.

Return to “Legal Employment”