Michigan OCI 2015 Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Michigan OCI 2015

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:52 pm

you guys should amend and add diversity info

lee723

New

Post by lee723 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:ding by snail mail from Hughes Hubbard
Did CB about 2 weeks ago for the DC office. Nothing yet. I called and they said that their process is "delayed" and that I should hear something this week.

Anyone else hear from Hughes Hubbard? mainly DC office?

DownUnder

New

Post by DownUnder » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:04 pm

Sorry to bring up an old thread but does any current 2Ls at Michigan, who went through OCI last year, have any advice to give to a prospective 1L at Michigan?

Also, how did OCI go in general? Do you think the class of 2017 did a lot better than the current employment data available for Michigan? (roughly 43% biglaw)

Thanks in advance

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:06 am

DownUnder wrote:Sorry to bring up an old thread but does any current 2Ls at Michigan, who went through OCI last year, have any advice to give to a prospective 1L at Michigan?

Also, how did OCI go in general? Do you think the class of 2017 did a lot better than the current employment data available for Michigan? (roughly 43% biglaw)

Thanks in advance
First thing you can do is crush this semester. Good grades and not horrendous social skills will do wonders for you at OCI.

No way to know the stats. People who struggle don't broadcast and people who cleaned up do. I will say that the smaller class sizes are probably going to pay off when the LST numbers come out, probably starting with co 2016.

Be sure to have your resume dialed in, and do plenty of practice interviews. Also OCP is mostly worthless with bid lists so get older students to look at it for you.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

DownUnder

New

Post by DownUnder » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
DownUnder wrote:Sorry to bring up an old thread but does any current 2Ls at Michigan, who went through OCI last year, have any advice to give to a prospective 1L at Michigan?

Thanks in advance
First thing you can do is crush this semester. Good grades and not horrendous social skills will do wonders for you at OCI.

No way to know the stats. People who struggle don't broadcast and people who cleaned up do. I will say that the smaller class sizes are probably going to pay off when the LST numbers come out, probably starting with co 2016.

Be sure to have your resume dialed in, and do plenty of practice interviews. Also OCP is mostly worthless with bid lists so get older students to look at it for you.
Thanks for the reply, very helpful. I am a 0L who has been accepted to Michigan and is probably going to enrol there this fall (sorry, I should have made this more clear in my original post).

I will take all your advice into account before I enrol :D

sublime

Diamond

Post by sublime » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:54 am

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”