Los Angeles Public Defender questions

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Los Angeles Public Defender questions

Postby Anonymous User » Thu May 28, 2015 2:25 pm

I'm already a licensed attorney. This may or may not be relevant to 3l's applying there.

Anyways, I recently interviewed at the LA County pd at the main office downtown. I recently found out that I made the cut for the next round and I have some questions.

1) My 2nd round interview is at a satellite office. Does that mean that I'm interviewing for that specific office? Or are they just doing all of the second round interviews at various offices throughout the county and will do assignments later?

2) Anyone know how many rounds they do? I've reached out to some people at the office and have not heard back from them.

Anonymous User

Re: Los Angeles Public Defender questions

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:50 am

Same situation. My assumption is that the interviews are taking place where it is convenient for the assigned deputy, having nothing to do with where one would ultimately be placed if hired. I'd also love to know more about the process from those who have more information.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:01 pm

They were very vague about when people will hear back from them. Though they have made some hiring decisions. They are making hires on a rolling basis with small groups being hired at the same time vs. having a single large class.

Good luck to all.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:30 pm

Has anyone received an offer from the LA public defender? How did it work?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:21 pm

I haven't heard on how they inform hires.

My heart does skip a beat whenever I get a call from a random number from (213) on my phone.

I really hope it isn't one of those things where they hire the people they really like but then keep everyone else on an eligibility list. Or if they do that, at least let us know that we're on an eligibility list and will not be hired in the near future.

Return to “Legal Employment”