In-house 2L summer... what's a good strategy?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

In-house 2L summer... what's a good strategy?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri May 15, 2015 11:29 pm

Hello all,

I'm a rising 3L at a lower T-14. Struck out during OCI, and am now working in-house at an F500 company for the summer. Given that the company probably won't hire its interns permanently, I am wondering - what's the best way to maximize the summer? I'm quite clueless, and would be very grateful for any advice or ideas. Thanks!

Kratos

Re: In-house 2L summer... what's a good strategy?

Postby Kratos » Fri May 15, 2015 11:34 pm

network your ass off

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat May 16, 2015 2:31 am

I am in the exact same boat.

Networking... If you network your ass off with firms a, b, c, d, and e (through z, a few times over), but none of them need an entry-level associate in your year, you're screwed, right? It seems the amount of work put in for even a 1% chance is astronomical. Maybe I'm underestimating 3L hiring, but it seems completely and utterly hopeless unless you fake a 2L summer job and use the summer to network full-time and over-time, in which case you might break a 5% chance. (I'm kind of depressed if you can't tell.)

Does anyone have a list of firms that hired 3Ls in a given year, or over multiple years, to get a feel for which firms and markets tend to hire 3Ls? (And how many.)

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Sat May 16, 2015 9:21 am

When networking, ask for career advice.

Return to “Legal Employment”