Legal Aid Nassau County

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Legal Aid Nassau County

Postby Anonymous User » Wed May 13, 2015 11:22 pm

How does one get employed there? Do they generally hire right out of law school?

Magic Hat

Re: Legal Aid Nassau County

Postby Magic Hat » Thu May 14, 2015 10:58 pm

Be politically connected.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu May 14, 2015 11:42 pm

Thank you for your elaborate and informative response that could be offered had I asked about any office in the United States. Does anyone have any real information based on an actual source and/or experience?

champ33

Postby champ33 » Sun May 17, 2015 11:49 am

I can tell you that I've seen postings on Symplicity for entry-level jobs there, i.e. staff attorney, but I don't think they recruit at schools in the fall and/or hire as a class or anything. It seems like a hire-as-needed office. I doubt it would hurt to just get in contact with someone there, maybe an alum through your career office and just ask them directly about hiring and let them know you're interested.

UpandDown97

Postby UpandDown97 » Sun May 17, 2015 1:19 pm

Perhaps the simplest means of finding out is to simply call them and ask. I would guess ties are either required (residency requirements) or are very important.

Either way, give them a ring.

Return to “Legal Employment”