how important are ties for PD offices?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

how important are ties for PD offices?

Postby Anonymous User » Sun May 03, 2015 10:42 pm

I don't want to work in the city I go to school in...rising 3L..PD heavy resume and really want target the southern offices but wondering if only northeast ties will hurt me

Tanicius

Re: how important are ties for PD offices?

Postby Tanicius » Sun May 03, 2015 11:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I don't want to work in the city I go to school in...rising 3L..PD heavy resume and really want target the southern offices but wondering if only northeast ties will hurt me

The Southern offices often view themselves as the thick of the trenches. They want to know more that you're serious about working in a place with tough staffing, tough laws, and probably not the best city life (unless it's OPD). So, find a way to demonstrate to them that you are for real about working in any office they could possibly stick you, that you care about the people you'll be serving than the quality of the office walls that will be surrounding you.

mr.hands

Re: how important are ties for PD offices?

Postby mr.hands » Mon May 04, 2015 5:35 am

Anonymous User wrote:I don't want to work in the city I go to school in...rising 3L..PD heavy resume and really want target the southern offices but wondering if only northeast ties will hurt me

It's not that northeastern ties will hurt you (I don't know that that makes any sense), it's the lack of ties to specific southern markets that's the killer

It'd be a super tough sell

Return to “Legal Employment”