Check out top-law-schools.com

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
User avatar
Desert Fox

Diamond
Posts: 18302
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:34 pm

DFTHREAD

Postby Desert Fox » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:16 pm

Image
Last edited by Desert Fox on Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
sinfiery

Gold
Posts: 3308
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:55 am

Re: Summer Associate Class of 2015

Postby sinfiery » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:24 pm

JohannDeMann wrote:well the point was you should act normal and confident and everything will be fine. worrying about getting an offer is not "normal" or "chill" like you say. so then you're no offer would be for a reason.


how did this post go unmocked

worst thing I've ever read


it's only the most important and seemingly arbitrary moment that we invested $300k and 3 years of our lives to get to
Last edited by sinfiery on Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

03152016

Platinum
Posts: 9187
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:14 am

Re: Summer Associate Class of 2015

Postby 03152016 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:25 pm

what's the point

he feels no shame

User avatar
sublime

Diamond
Posts: 17386
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:21 pm

Re: Summer Associate Class of 2015

Postby sublime » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:31 pm

..

User avatar
J9ofDiamonds

Gold
Posts: 3367
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:06 pm

Re: Summer Associate Class of 2015

Postby J9ofDiamonds » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:04 am

Got my offer and accepted! Huge relief. Good luck to everyone who is still outstanding, we all gonna make it!

User avatar
Kratos

Platinum
Posts: 7776
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:50 pm

Re: Summer Associate Class of 2015

Postby Kratos » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:38 am

^ congrats dude

User avatar
North

Gold
Posts: 4228
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:09 pm

Re: Summer Associate Class of 2015

Postby North » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:22 pm

Awesome brother, congrats

Anonymous User
Posts: 310214
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Summer Associate Class of 2015

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:24 pm

Kirkland Chicago just offered all its summers a choice to be clerks during the year and make $80 an hour for 20 hours a week.

User avatar
jbagelboy

Diamond
Posts: 10242
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:57 pm

Re: Summer Associate Class of 2015

Postby jbagelboy » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Kirkland Chicago just offered all its summers a choice to be clerks during the year and make $80 an hour for 20 hours a week.


Holy shit
ETA: I'm assuming this means the Chicago based students, and not schools in other cities? Or are they allowing remote work?
Last edited by jbagelboy on Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
TLSModBot

Diamond
Posts: 14842
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:54 am

Re: Summer Associate Class of 2015

Postby TLSModBot » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:27 pm

Awesome news J9!

User avatar
DoveBodyWash

Gold
Posts: 3085
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: Summer Associate Class of 2015

Postby DoveBodyWash » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:29 pm

jbagelboy wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Kirkland Chicago just offered all its summers a choice to be clerks during the year and make $80 an hour for 20 hours a week.


Holy shit
ETA: I'm assuming this means the Chicago based students, and not schools in other cities? Or are they allowing remote work?

They are allowing remote work since it was offered to all summers. Too lazy to do anon on phone fuck it.

User avatar
jbagelboy

Diamond
Posts: 10242
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:57 pm

Re: Summer Associate Class of 2015

Postby jbagelboy » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:39 pm

cusenation wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Kirkland Chicago just offered all its summers a choice to be clerks during the year and make $80 an hour for 20 hours a week.


Holy shit
ETA: I'm assuming this means the Chicago based students, and not schools in other cities? Or are they allowing remote work?

They are allowing remote work since it was offered to all summers. Too lazy to do anon on phone fuck it.


That's legitimately fucking crazy. Congrats to all the KE chi summers. Wow.

BigZuck

Diamond
Posts: 11731
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Summer Associate Class of 2015

Postby BigZuck » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:50 pm

So this pretty much confirms NYC to 190K right?

User avatar
Desert Fox

Diamond
Posts: 18302
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:34 pm

DFTHREAD

Postby Desert Fox » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:50 pm

Image
Last edited by Desert Fox on Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

BigZuck

Diamond
Posts: 11731
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Summer Associate Class of 2015

Postby BigZuck » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:55 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
BigZuck wrote:So this pretty much confirms NYCCHICAGO to 190K right?

I really need Houston to match, I don't think Chicago is a prestigious enough city to get me where I want to be

YOUR MOVE KIRKLAND HOUSTON

UpandDown97

Bronze
Posts: 182
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:07 pm

Re: Summer Associate Class of 2015

Postby UpandDown97 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:26 pm

BigZuck wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
BigZuck wrote:So this pretty much confirms NYCCHICAGO to 190K right?

I really need Houston to match, I don't think Chicago is a prestigious enough city to get me where I want to be

YOUR MOVE KIRKLAND HOUSTON


Is salary based on 40 hours per week for 52 weeks?

Anonymous User
Posts: 310214
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Summer Associate Class of 2015

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:32 pm

Welp. Here's to waiting 30 more days before receiving notice of whether I receive an offer or not. :roll:

User avatar
beepboopbeep

Silver
Posts: 1385
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:36 pm

Re: Summer Associate Class of 2015

Postby beepboopbeep » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:46 pm

jbagelboy wrote:
cusenation wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Kirkland Chicago just offered all its summers a choice to be clerks during the year and make $80 an hour for 20 hours a week.


Holy shit
ETA: I'm assuming this means the Chicago based students, and not schools in other cities? Or are they allowing remote work?

They are allowing remote work since it was offered to all summers. Too lazy to do anon on phone fuck it.


That's legitimately fucking crazy. Congrats to all the KE chi summers. Wow.


Yea holy shit that's sweet. Hope it inspires others, but not holding my breath.

Anonymous User
Posts: 310214
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Summer Associate Class of 2015

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:49 pm

beepboopbeep wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:
cusenation wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Kirkland Chicago just offered all its summers a choice to be clerks during the year and make $80 an hour for 20 hours a week.


Holy shit
ETA: I'm assuming this means the Chicago based students, and not schools in other cities? Or are they allowing remote work?

They are allowing remote work since it was offered to all summers. Too lazy to do anon on phone fuck it.


That's legitimately fucking crazy. Congrats to all the KE chi summers. Wow.


Yea holy shit that's sweet. Hope it inspires others, but not holding my breath.


Probably too much to hope that other firms do this, but if Kirkland New York followed suit, I'd jump on my offer for next summer in a heartbeat.

User avatar
El Pollito

Diamond
Posts: 20141
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:11 pm

Re: Summer Associate Class of 2015

Postby El Pollito » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:50 pm

they're probably doing it bc they're exceptionally busy, so unlikely that other firms or even other offices will follow

BigZuck

Diamond
Posts: 11731
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Summer Associate Class of 2015

Postby BigZuck » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
beepboopbeep wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:
cusenation wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Kirkland Chicago just offered all its summers a choice to be clerks during the year and make $80 an hour for 20 hours a week.


Holy shit
ETA: I'm assuming this means the Chicago based students, and not schools in other cities? Or are they allowing remote work?

They are allowing remote work since it was offered to all summers. Too lazy to do anon on phone fuck it.


That's legitimately fucking crazy. Congrats to all the KE chi summers. Wow.


Yea holy shit that's sweet. Hope it inspires others, but not holding my breath.


Probably too much to hope that other firms do this, but if Kirkland New York followed suit, I'd jump on my offer for next summer in a heartbeat.

On balance, in balance

Anonymous User
Posts: 310214
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Summer Associate Class of 2015

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:55 pm

At a smallish firm in a secondary, I have relatively little confidence about my performance throughout this summer, but I've gotten a few compliments and nothing really negative (just silence) on my work, I just kind of suck at staying focuses (I was diagnoses with ADD, kind of grew out of it, sort of). My mentor/partner is having a firm lunch at his favorite sushi place "in recognition of [name]'s service to the firm and wishing him well for his second year at [name] law school." They wouldn't seriously do this if I was going to get no-offered, would they? Or maybe they would, just to remain seemingly collegial?

User avatar
beepboopbeep

Silver
Posts: 1385
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:36 pm

Re: Summer Associate Class of 2015

Postby beepboopbeep » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:56 pm

El Pollito wrote:they're probably doing it bc they're exceptionally busy, so unlikely that other firms or even other offices will follow


I'd guess so too but still seems like potentially a good business model kind of thing

Probably improves retention at least short-term, lower pay than SA/junior, I dunno how paralegals get billed out but maybe you can sneak them in as that and still come out ahead

win/win, says this 3L who totally knows what he's talking about and doesn't have a skin in the game at all and totally wouldn't jump on his offer if his firm did this, wink wink

User avatar
Johann

Diamond
Posts: 19693
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:25 pm

Re: Summer Associate Class of 2015

Postby Johann » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:58 pm

J9ofDiamonds wrote:Got my offer and accepted! Huge relief. Good luck to everyone who is still outstanding, we all gonna make it!


nice job!

User avatar
Johann

Diamond
Posts: 19693
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:25 pm

Re: Summer Associate Class of 2015

Postby Johann » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:59 pm

cusenation wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Kirkland Chicago just offered all its summers a choice to be clerks during the year and make $80 an hour for 20 hours a week.


Holy shit
ETA: I'm assuming this means the Chicago based students, and not schools in other cities? Or are they allowing remote work?

They are allowing remote work since it was offered to all summers. Too lazy to do anon on phone fuck it.


Holy Shit! bout to see if they need any laterals. they must be crushing right now.



Return to “Legal Employment?

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.