Summer Associate Class of 2015

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
User avatar
WokeUpInACar
Posts: 5513
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:11 pm

Re: Summer Associate Class of 2015: Get on In

Postby WokeUpInACar » Sat May 02, 2015 6:53 pm

brotherdarkness wrote:
sublime wrote:
wiz wrote:
goden wrote:I bet it's slack or sublime lol

Slack. Location and poasting style gives it away.



I truly hope that Slack is not spending his time in Vegas faking BD's account.


Rest assured, he's not--this is the same BD as before.

How long did it take you to delete over 3000 posts manually?

User avatar
brotherdarkness
Posts: 3254
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:11 pm

Re: Summer Associate Class of 2015: Get on In

Postby brotherdarkness » Sat May 02, 2015 6:54 pm

It was a pain in the ass; did it in a few sittings.

User avatar
sinfiery
Posts: 3308
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:55 am

Re: Summer Associate Class of 2015: Get on In

Postby sinfiery » Sat May 02, 2015 7:05 pm

Week long training Workshops in negotiation/litigation: The perfect place to fuck up and get no offered or equivalent of board game week?

jdemployed
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:16 pm

Re: Summer Associate Class of 2015: Get on In

Postby jdemployed » Sat May 02, 2015 7:06 pm

Mod edit: SPAM

User avatar
06102016
Posts: 13466
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:29 pm

Re: Summer Associate Class of 2015: Get on In

Postby 06102016 » Sat May 02, 2015 7:07 pm

..

User avatar
pancakes3
Posts: 3907
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:49 pm

Re: Summer Associate Class of 2015: Get on In

Postby pancakes3 » Sat May 02, 2015 7:41 pm

slackademic wrote:I'm in Vegas but wtf is this about me posting under another handle? Just visiting, guys.


Hundo on black. I'm good for it.

User avatar
cookiejar1
Posts: 834
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:07 am

Re: Summer Associate Class of 2015: Get on In

Postby cookiejar1 » Sat May 02, 2015 7:49 pm

slackademic wrote:I'm in Vegas but wtf is this about me posting under another handle? Just visiting, guys.


where you watching the fight?

User avatar
J9ofDiamonds
Posts: 3367
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:06 pm

Re: Summer Associate Class of 2015: Get on In

Postby J9ofDiamonds » Sat May 02, 2015 8:07 pm

sublime wrote:
zacharus85 wrote:Kind of curious to see if there are other TLS'ers at my firm but not enough to want any of us outing ourselves.

Any recommended strategies or is this just creepy?



Me too. But I'm not willing to risk it. Most I will do/have done is ask people I trust on here if it comes up, and if they are in the same city what firm they are going to.


We could use a trustworthy 3rd party, like a Suralin or something. Same set up as the anon confession thread. Anyone who opts in pms the 3rd party the firm, who then tells the people who are in the same class

User avatar
J9ofDiamonds
Posts: 3367
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:06 pm

Re: Summer Associate Class of 2015: Get on In

Postby J9ofDiamonds » Sat May 02, 2015 8:10 pm

My firm is biz casual. Day one, I was planning on going shirt with a jacket and no tie, and leaving the jacket and a tie in my office for the summer, in case someone brings me to court or a mediation or something.
Last edited by J9ofDiamonds on Sat May 02, 2015 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
sublime
Posts: 15411
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:21 pm

Re: Summer Associate Class of 2015: Get on In

Postby sublime » Sat May 02, 2015 8:10 pm

..

Anonymous User
Posts: 273280
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Summer Associate Class of 2015: Get on In

Postby Anonymous User » Sat May 02, 2015 8:19 pm

Checking in.

Money and free food: get at me.

User avatar
Capitol_Idea
Posts: 10696
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:54 am

Re: Summer Associate Class of 2015: Get on In

Postby Capitol_Idea » Sat May 02, 2015 8:26 pm

Maybe just have a TLS meetup - you show up, can disclose either your firm, your username, both, or neither to whomever you like. But still get the company of fellow shitposters. Also I feel like it's harder to be a dick to people you've met in person - maybe that's just me.

User avatar
sublime
Posts: 15411
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:21 pm

Re: Summer Associate Class of 2015: Get on In

Postby sublime » Sat May 02, 2015 8:27 pm

..

User avatar
lhanvt13
Posts: 2379
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:59 am

Re: Summer Associate Class of 2015: Get on In

Postby lhanvt13 » Sat May 02, 2015 8:33 pm

sublime wrote:
zacharus85 wrote:Maybe just have a TLS meetup - you show up, can disclose either your firm, your username, both, or neither to whomever you like. But still get the company of fellow shitposters. Also I feel like it's harder to be a dick to people you've met in person - maybe that's just me.



I'd be down for a meetup at some point.

Anybody down for a DC meet up?

User avatar
Capitol_Idea
Posts: 10696
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:54 am

Re: Summer Associate Class of 2015: Get on In

Postby Capitol_Idea » Sat May 02, 2015 8:41 pm

My guess is that it'll be fairly easy to get enough bodies for DC, NY, and Chicago meetups.

User avatar
Robb
Posts: 315
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:21 pm

Re: Summer Associate Class of 2015: Get on In

Postby Robb » Sat May 02, 2015 11:03 pm

brotherdarkness wrote:It was a pain in the ass; did it in a few sittings.

Hmm....

Next time you want to do this, follow these instructions:

On a mac:
1) Download the file here to your Downloads directory (right click the link -> Save as)
2) Open a terminal (go to the magnifying glass in the top right hand corner of your screen, type terminal, and select the app)
3) Type the text inside these quotes: "python Downloads/tls_post_deleter.py"
4) Follow the instructions

On windows:

1) Download and install Python VERSION 2 from here
2) Download the file here (right click the link -> Save as)
3) Double click the file to run it
4) Follow the instructions

Edit 5/8: This has been updated to work with the new version of the forums. As always, no guarantees, but if you have trouble with the code PM me and I'll try to help.
Last edited by Robb on Fri May 08, 2015 12:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
brotherdarkness
Posts: 3254
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:11 pm

Re: Summer Associate Class of 2015: Get on In

Postby brotherdarkness » Sat May 02, 2015 11:27 pm

^ Thanks, though I'm hoping I don't find myself in a situation where I feel the need to do that again.

Anyways, glad to see you guys getting ready for your summer. I remember when you were 1Ls and panicking about elements of various torts. Time flies and the real world is just around the corner; enjoy the summer and try not to fret about shirt colors etc.

User avatar
FSK
Posts: 6358
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:47 pm

Re: Summer Associate Class of 2015: Get on In

Postby FSK » Sun May 03, 2015 12:09 am

BD did you accept your offer?

User avatar
jbagelboy
Posts: 9644
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:57 pm

Re: Summer Associate Class of 2015: Get on In

Postby jbagelboy » Sun May 03, 2015 1:27 am

brotherdarkness wrote:^ Thanks, though I'm hoping I don't find myself in a situation where I feel the need to do that again.

Anyways, glad to see you guys getting ready for your summer. I remember when you were 1Ls and panicking about elements of various torts. Time flies and the real world is just around the corner; enjoy the summer and try not to fret about shirt colors etc.


what exactly was this situation? feel free to pm if sensitive

User avatar
xael
Posts: 7549
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:18 pm

Re: Summer Associate Class of 2015: Get on In

Postby xael » Sun May 03, 2015 1:52 am

J9ofDiamonds wrote:
sublime wrote:
zacharus85 wrote:Kind of curious to see if there are other TLS'ers at my firm but not enough to want any of us outing ourselves.

Any recommended strategies or is this just creepy?



Me too. But I'm not willing to risk it. Most I will do/have done is ask people I trust on here if it comes up, and if they are in the same city what firm they are going to.


We could use a trustworthy 3rd party, like a Suralin or something. Same set up as the anon confession thread. Anyone who opts in pms the 3rd party the firm, who then tells the people who are in the same class


Suralin self banned.

Don't have an SA this summer but tagging because I heard there will be drama. Please don't let me down.

User avatar
brotherdarkness
Posts: 3254
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:11 pm

Re: Summer Associate Class of 2015: Get on In

Postby brotherdarkness » Sun May 03, 2015 1:57 am

flawschoolkid wrote:BD did you accept your offer?


Two questions in one.

jbagelboy wrote:what exactly was this situation? feel free to pm if sensitive


Felt concerned with the amount of personal information that my posting history contained.

User avatar
xael
Posts: 7549
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:18 pm

Re: Summer Associate Class of 2015: Get on In

Postby xael » Sun May 03, 2015 1:59 am

sublime wrote:
zacharus85 wrote:Maybe just have a TLS meetup - you show up, can disclose either your firm, your username, both, or neither to whomever you like. But still get the company of fellow shitposters. Also I feel like it's harder to be a dick to people you've met in person - maybe that's just me.



I'd be down for a meetup at some point.


^ this too

User avatar
goden
Posts: 2270
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:52 pm

Re: Summer Associate Class of 2015: Get on In

Postby goden » Sun May 03, 2015 6:12 am

Best coast meet up

User avatar
filibuster
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:05 pm

Re: Summer Associate Class of 2015: Get on In

Postby filibuster » Sun May 03, 2015 8:37 am

checking in....may 18th and down for a nyc meetup

mu13ski
Posts: 177
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:43 pm

Re: Summer Associate Class of 2015: Get on In

Postby mu13ski » Sun May 03, 2015 11:08 am





Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.