3L Don't Care, Know Nothing - All B's A Problem?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Big Shrimpin

Re: 3L Don't Care, Know Nothing - All B's A Problem?

Postby Big Shrimpin » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:20 am

rpupkin wrote:
Big Shrimpin wrote:didnt read responses but GPA matters in lateral hiring for juniors

lots of the V20 also tend to be grade snobby

If you believe that, then you are a gunner who is rationalizing your lack of fun during your 2L and 3L years. Also, there are only two approaches to 2L/3L: (1) studying in a library 14 hours a day the entire semester, or (2) not studying at all until three days before your final. [/thread]

said it cuz I'm a junior who recently lateraled

got shut out of V20ish cuz of, in not insignificant part, shtty LS/GPA

sheila1s

Postby sheila1s » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:20 pm

Could you really learn a class in 3-4 hours? Like no reading or anything before that? I thought I was a pretty good slacker but damn that's impressive

XxSpyKEx

Postby XxSpyKEx » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:39 pm

sheila1s wrote:Could you really learn a class in 3-4 hours? Like no reading or anything before that? I thought I was a pretty good slacker but damn that's impressive

You can if you get a decent old outline and are only shooting for a B (at a school where the curve is somewhere between an A- and a B+, like most t14s after 1L year). I mean all you have to do is write something half way coherent to get a B at a t14. If you write about how you found a unicorn in your locker after taking a bunch of acid, you'll probably still get a C or C+ :lol:

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:07 pm

sheila1s wrote:Could you really learn a class in 3-4 hours? Like no reading or anything before that? I thought I was a pretty good slacker but damn that's impressive

I had a 7-hour exam that I studied for 2 hours for before downloading the exam.

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:11 pm

That said, don't let your GPA fall massively your 3L year, there's always a chance you'll regret it.

Return to “Legal Employment”