CVBroadcast- Not Legit?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Kneuman

CVBroadcast- Not Legit?

Postby Kneuman » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:27 pm

Anyone used this service? Is my resume being sent to "careers@" email addresses? Seems sketchy and expensive but I need a job!

SaraMG

Re: CVBroadcast- Not Legit?

Postby SaraMG » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:56 am

I used it. Wasn't get any traction coming out of a tier three law school so ended up sending my resume basically everywhere hoping to get a bite from any firm. I got a few responses from "careers@" email addresses but I snagged a few interviews and ended up getting a job at an Amlaw 100 firm in a satellite office. Worked for me and probably worth a shot.

OutoftheWoods

Postby OutoftheWoods » Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:17 am

Just gave it a look. Looks like its for people who are lazy to mass mail (same firms, and if anything, more likely to make mistakes). however, seems great for finding mid-law firms that you may have missed on nalp.

I could see it having most use for applying to areas like wyoming where it makes no sense to put the effort to do your own mailing, but at least give you peace of mind, have them do it. I'm thinking of doing it for this purpose (but for states like florida, etc.)

OutoftheWoods

Postby OutoftheWoods » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:20 pm

Just bumbing this bc I'm actually using this for some firms (those in places like midwest where i have little chance so no point in wasting time doing a merge myself and collecting that info).

Everyone should know that when the email gets sent, it displays your email and (at least in gmail), when it says what server it was sent on, it looks pretty obvious it was a merge. So, i really wouldnt use this for firms you really want (i.e. in NYC). im comfortable taking the risk if it looks bad for firms i had low ties with anyway, but not in a market like NY where thats the best chance of you getting a job that you dont wanna squander it.

Just my thoughs.

Return to “Legal Employment”